听电影《返老还童》学英语第46期:这辈子最快乐的一天
日期:2012-08-23 09:07

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

My mother?
这是我母亲?
At the summer house on Lake Pontchartrain.
那是在庞恰特雷恩湖拍的。  
When I was a boy, I'd love to wake up before anyone else...
我小时候喜欢比别人早起床。
run down to that lake and watch the day begin.
然后跑到湖蛔看日出。  
It was as if I was the only one alive.
感觉全世界只有我活着。  
Your mother's name was Caroline Murphy.
你母亲的名字是卡罗兰墨菲。  
She worked in your grandfather's kitchen.
她在你爷爷的厨房打杂。  
She was from Dublin.
她来自都柏林。  
In 1903, Caroline and all her brothers and sisters came to live here...
卡罗兰和她的兄弟姐妹,1903年移民到这里。
in New Orleans.
新奥尔良。  
I'd find excuses to go down to that kitchen...
我总是会找借口到厨房。
just so I could look at her.
就为了看她一眼。  
April 25th, 1918. Happiest day of my life.
1918年4月25日,我这辈子最快乐的一天。
The day I married your mother.
我娶你母亲的那一天。  
Why didn't you just tell me?
你为什么不告诉我?  
I plan on leaving everything I have to you.
我打算把我的一切留给你。  
I have to go. Where?
我得走了,去哪里?  
Home.
回家。 
And what does he think, anyway?
他是怎么想的?  
He think he can just show up, everything supposed to be fine and dandy.
他只要出现一切就很美好?  
Everybody just supposed to be friends.
大家都是老友?  
Well, he got another thing coming, that's for sure.
他想得美。 
God be my witness, he got another thing coming.
我发誓,我不会让他称心如意。  
He left us $ 1 8 that night you was found.
我发现你那晚他只留下18块。  
Eighteen ratty dollars and a filthy diaper.
18块钱和一块脏尿布。  
Good night, Mama.
晚安,妈妈。
Good night, baby.
晚安,宝贝。  
Did I ever tell you I was struck by lightning seven times?
我说过我被闪电打中七次吗?

妙语佳句
1.Lake Pontchartrain
庞恰特雷恩湖,城市位于海平面以下,这口大碗的四周都由堤坝所包围,阻挡了北面的庞恰特雷恩湖(Lake Pontchartrain)与西面和南面的密西西比河。大坝的修建造成新奥尔良市进一步下沉,现在即使是小风暴都可能带来大洪水的危险。
The Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in Louisiana, at almost 24 miles, is slightly longer but crosses an inland waterway rather than open sea.
位于路易斯安那州的庞特查雷恩湖长堤,全长24英里,略微长一些,但是是横跨内陆水系,而不是海洋。
2.wake up
醒来,起床;开始警觉;开始了解真相
Maybe you're dreaming me; maybe we only exist in each other's dreams and every morning when we wake up we forget all about each other.
也许是你梦到了我;也许我们只存在于对方的梦里,每天早晨当我们醒来时我们就忘了和对方有关的一切。
3.go down to
延续至;一直到;走下去
I go down to the empty restaurant for supper.
我下楼到餐厅去晚饭,餐厅空落落的。
4.show up
露面;露出;揭露
It will then show up in the directory, and can be sent to your friends or linked in your blog.
然后,它将显示在目录中,并且您可以发送到您的朋友或在您的博客中做链接。
5.diaper
n. 尿布
vt. 给孩子换尿布
She was like a nurse for newborns, urging me - a new mother - to step up and change a diaper or something.
她就好像照顾新生儿的护士一样,催促我--一个新的妈妈--去快点换个尿布或什么东西。
考考你
翻译:
1.我总是会找借口到厨房。    
2.他只要出现一切就很美好?
上期答案:
1.My father had the wisdom to make our own buttons.
2.Your mother died giving birth to you.

分享到
重点单词
  • inlandadj. 内陆的,国内的 adv. 内陆地 n. 内陆
  • slightlyadv. 些微地,苗条地
  • lightningn. 闪电 adj. 闪电般的,快速的 vi. 打闪
  • witnessn. 目击者,证人 vt. 目击,见证,出席,观察,经历
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间