听电影《返老还童》学英语第40期:一切都是命中注定
日期:2012-08-17 09:55

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Beautiful.
美丽。  
The most beautiful.
最美丽。  
Remember Grandma Fuller? Sure I do.
你记得富勒奶奶吗?当然记得。
She passed.
她过身了。  
I heard that. I'm sorry.
我听说了,很遗憾。  
I just can't believe we're both here. Must be fate.
我不敢相信我们又再见面,这一定是命运。
No, no, what do they call it?
不对,他们是怎么说的?  
Do you know about Edgar Cayce, the psychic?
你知道预言家爱德盖斯吗?  
I don't believe I...
应该不知道。  
He says that everything is predetermined...
他说一切都是注定的。 
but I like to think of it as fate.
我觉得一切都是命。  
I'm not sure how it works, but I'm glad it happened.
我不是很懂,只是很高兴。  
Have you been to Manhattan? It's right across the river from me.
你去过曼哈顿吗? 跟我住的地方只隔一条河。  
Now, I can see the Empire State Building if I stand on my bed.
我站在床上就看得到帝国大厦。  
What about you? Where have you been? Tell me everything.
你去了哪里?我想知道一切。  
Last time you wrote, you said you'd been to Russia.
你最后一次写信说你在俄罗斯。  
I've always wanted to go to Russia.
我一直想去。  
Is it as cold as they say?
真有那么冻吗?  
Twice as cold.
冻到爆。  
My goodness.
天啊。  
We always said you were different.
我们总是说你与众不同。  
But I think you really are.
不过我想你是真的很不同。  
You wrote that you met somebody.
你说你爱上一个女人。  
It ran its course.
走到了尽头。  
Did it work out?
结果怎样?  
Hey, do you remember this?
你记得这本书吗?  
This is the picture of OId Man Kangaroo at 5 in the afternoon.
这是袋鼠老先生,下午五点钟的样子。
Would you like to have dinner?
你想一齐食饭吗?

妙语佳句
1.psychic
adj. 精神的;心灵的;灵魂的;超自然的
n. 灵媒;巫师;预言家
His reasoning lay in the numerous covert psychic projects - all with bizarre names - the military had been secretly funding for decades.
他的推断倾注在许多秘而不宣的超自然研究计划中,这些军事计划全用了怪诞的代号,它们得到秘密资助已有几十年之久了。
2.predetermine
预先确定;预先决定;预先查明
What if you could predetermine the genetics of your newborn baby?
要是你能预先设定新生宝宝的基因,你会怎么办?
3.right across
正对面
right-across experiment
正交试验
He found that officers usually judged their men as being either good right across the board or bad.
他发现,军官对自己的士兵评价通常都是彻头彻尾的好或者是彻头彻尾的坏。
4.Manhattan
曼哈顿岛(美国的一个区)
The streets of Manhattan are very crowded because so many people live and work in there.
曼哈顿的街道非常拥挤,因为有非常多的人在这里生活和工作。
考考你
翻译:
1.他说一切都是注定的。    
2.我站在床上就看得到帝国大厦。
上期答案:
1.Did I ever tell you I've been struck by lightning seven times?
2.She was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen.

分享到
重点单词
  • bizarreadj. 奇异的,怪诞的 n. 奇异花
  • geneticsn. 遗传学
  • covertadj. 隐蔽的,偷偷摸摸的,隐密的 n. 掩蔽物,树丛
  • reasoningn. 推论,推理,论证
  • numerousadj. 为数众多的,许多
  • militaryadj. 军事的 n. 军队
  • lightningn. 闪电 adj. 闪电般的,快速的 vi. 打闪