听电影《返老还童》学英语第47期:温馨的告别式
日期:2012-08-27 14:51

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Once I was walking my dog down the road.
有一次我在路上罴狗。  
I'm blind in the one eye...
害我一只眼睛盲。
can't hardly hear...
听也听不太清楚。
get twitches and shakes out of nowhere...
无缘无故就会抽搐发抖。
always losing my line of thought.
老是忘了我想说什么。  
But you know what?
不过你知道吗?  
God keeps reminding me I'm Iucky to be alive.
上帝总是提醒我能活着很幸运。  
Storm's coming.
暴风雨就快来啦。  
May I help you, sir? Up the stairs, first bedroom.
让我帮你,楼上第一间房。 
Wake up.
醒醒。  
Let's get you dressed.
我帮你着衫。  
Get up, sir.
起来。  
Thank you.
谢谢你。  
You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went.
你可以像疯狗一样疯狂。  
You can swear and curse the Fates...
或是用粗口闹命运之神。
but when it comes to the end...
但是到头来。?
you have to let go.
你还是得看开。  
Well, it sure is a beautiful service.
这是一场很温馨的告别式。  
He'll be buried right next to your mother.
他会被葬在你母亲旁边。  
You're my mother.
你才是我母亲。  
My baby.
我的宝贝。  
Now, I'd never seen New York.
我从来没去过纽约。

妙语佳句
1.walk down
通过散步消除;在步行速度和距离上胜过
Walk down the hall or around the block, call a friend, listen to a calming piece of music, do some stretching exercises, or eat a high-protein 100- to 200-calorie snack.
在大厅里走走,沿着大楼转一圈,给朋友打个电话,听一首舒缓的歌,做一点伸展运动,或吃一点含高蛋白,热量在100到200卡的零食。
2.out of nowhere
不知打哪儿来;突然冒出来;莫名其妙的出现
There seems to always be a nomination that creeps up out of nowhere, for a movie not many people saw.
在奥斯卡历史上提名时总会冒出一个师出无名的人选出来。 这部电影通常受众比较少。
3.line of thought
思路,思绪,思想方法
This is a useful line of thought, so I strongly encourage programmers to start writing their programs by locking down the configuration file format.
这是非常有益的想法,所以我强烈推荐程序员通过释放配置文件格式开始编写他们的程序。
4.swear and curse
发誓和诅咒
curse
n. 诅咒;咒骂
vt. 诅咒;咒骂
The old man ripped out with a curse.
这位老人气愤地咒骂起来。
考考你
翻译
1.上帝总是提醒我能活着很幸运。
2.他会被葬在你母亲旁边。
上期答案
1.I'd find excuses to go down to that kitchen
2.He think he can just show up, everything supposed to be fine and dandy.

分享到
重点单词
  • configurationn. 结构,布局,形态,格式塔心理完形 [计算机] 配置
  • encouragevt. 鼓励,促进,支持
  • cursen. 诅咒,咒骂,祸端 vt. 咒骂,诅咒,使受罪 vi
  • blockn. 街区,木块,石块 n. 阻塞(物), 障碍(物)
  • calmingadj. 平静的 n. 镇定,平静 v. 平静下来(ca