听电影《返老还童》学英语第38期:回家的感觉有点怪
日期:2012-08-15 09:01

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I sure saw some things.
我见识了不少事情。  
Oh, you seen some pain.
你也尝过痛苦。  
Some joy too?
还有喜悦,是吧?
Sure. Sure, I did. Yeah, that's what I wanna hear.
对,没错,我就是想听你这么说。  
Look at you.
看看你。  
Where's Tizzy?
提兹呢?  
Oh, baby.
噢,宝贝。
Mr. Weathers died in his sleep one night last April.
魏先生去年四月在睡梦中过身。
Mama, I'm so sorry. Don't you worry about that, baby.
妈妈,很遗憾,别担心我,宝贝。
Yeah, well, it's only one or two of them left now.
当年的房客只剩下一、两个。
Yeah, they all just about new.
其他的都是新来的。
Guess they waiting they turn like everybody else, huh?
他们和别人一样在等待吧?
I'm so glad you back home with me.
我好高兴你回家陪我!  
Now, we gonna have to find you a wife and a new job. That's right.
我们要替你找个老婆和工作。  
Come on in here, help me with this table.
进来,帮我个忙。  
Benjamin.
班哲明。  
You're wasting your time, baby. She's stone deaf.
你在浪费时间,她是聋子。  
Oh, and you'll be staying in what was Mrs. DeSeroux's old room.
你要住在狄索罗太太的旧房间。  
You too big to be rooming with anybody else.
你长大了,不能和别人同房。  
It's a funny thing about coming home.
回家的感觉有点怪。  
Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same.
一样的屋,一样的味道,一样的感觉。

妙语佳句
1.died in his sleep
在睡梦中去世
The 22-year-old is thought to have died in his sleep at his family home on Friday evening after all efforts to revive him failed.
22岁的前锋周五时在家熟睡中死去,一切挽救其生命的努力都最终无效。
2.Come on in here
快来这儿;进这边来
Mammy:Miss Scarlett , come into the house, come on in here!
奶妈:斯佳丽,快回屋子来,进来这儿!
3.stone deaf
完全聋的
It doesn't matter how loud you shout, Maurice won't be able to hear you because he's stone deaf.
不管你吼得多大声,莫里斯都听不见的,因为他是全聋。
4.too...to...
太…以致不能…
It's not too difficult to do this, as you might guess from the Listing 9 output.
这项工作并不太困难,因为可以从清单 9 的输出中进行猜测。
考考你
翻译:
1.魏先生去年四月在睡梦中过身。    
2.你要住在狄索罗太太的旧房间。
上期答案:
1.There's a shitload of things you don't know.
2.I think that preacher laid hands on you gave you a second life.

分享到