听电影《返老还童》学英语第34期:为珍珠港事件报仇雪恨
日期:2012-08-08 09:17

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

possibly beyond.
甚至更远的未来。 
There's been a change of plan, lads.
计划改变了。
As you may or may not know...
你们也许知道。
the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor yesterday.
昨天日本鬼子轰炸珍珠港。
Frank D. Roosevelt's asked each of us to do our part.
罗斯福总统请每个人为国奉献。 
The Chelsea's been commissioned to serve in the United States Navy.
切尔西号受到美国海军征召。  
To repair, to salvage, and to rescue.
负责维修和救援的工作。  
Anybody doesn't wanna go to war, now is the time to say so.
谁不想参战,现在就要说。  
Once you set foot on that boat, you're in the Navy, friend.
你们一上船,就加入美国海军。  
Yeah, I've been meaning to talk with you, Mike.
我一直想跟你谈谈。  
My wife's doing poorly.
我太太病得不轻。 
I'd like to maybe see her one more time.
我想再见她一面。  
You're free to make your way home any way you can, Mr. Mayes.
你可以自己想办法回家。  
If he's leaving, who's gonna cook?
他走了谁要当厨子?  
Food poisoning's one of the leading causes of death at sea.
食物中毒是船员丧命的主因。  
Right after inadequate safety equipment.
其次才是安全装备的不足。  
I can cook, captain. Been doing it all my life.
我会做菜,这辈子都在做菜。  
I don't know. You're a little moody for war, Benjamin.
我不晓得喔 你的情绪不稳。不适合打仗。
What the hell?
管它的?  
I'll take any man wants to kick the shite out of the Japs and the Huns.
谁想打日本鬼子和德国佬都行。  
That's it, pack your gear. We're going to war, gentlemen.
收拾行李,咱们去打仗!

妙语佳句
1.Pearl Harbor
珍珠港(美国夏威夷港口)
珍珠港地处瓦胡岛南岸的科劳山脉和怀阿奈山脉之间平原的最低处,与唯一的深水港火奴鲁鲁港相邻,是美国海军的基地和造船基地,也是北太平洋岛屿中最大最好的安全停泊港口之一,一般的民用船舶及外国舰船无美国海军部特殊许可是不得进入的。1941年12月7日日本偷袭珍珠港事件。
2.do our part
尽自己一份力量
We still had to do our part. We still had to study, learn, practice, correct and grow.
我们依然要做我们该做的部分,我们依然要学习,钻研,实践,修正和成长。
3.salvage
打捞;海上救助;抢救财货;救难的奖金
If he can pull this off, and help that decent Iraq take root, Obama and the Democrats could not only end the Iraq war but salvage something positive from it.
如果奥巴马能够成就此功,并且帮助一个体面的伊拉克落稳脚跟,奥巴马和民主党不仅是结束了伊拉克战争,而是积极从战争中挽救。
4.set foot on
踏上;踏足于
Have you ever wished you could take a pill that mimics all the positive benefits of exercise without ever having to set foot on the Stairmaster?
你是否曾经盼望过,只要吞下一粒药,你甚至不用踏上台阶机,就能取得酷似锻炼带来的所有积极效果?
5.cause of death
死因;死亡原因
But they are pervasive in developing countriesand are major causes of death and disability.
但是它们在发展中国家普遍存在,而且是死亡和残疾的主要原因。
考考你
翻译:
1.食物中毒是船员丧命的主因。   
谁想打日本鬼子和德国佬都行。 
上期答案:
1.If we're going to have an affair,you're never to look at me during the day.
2.But each time seemed new and different.

分享到
重点单词
  • pearln. 珍珠 v. (用珍珠)装饰,呈珍珠状 adj. 珍
  • frankadj. 坦白的,直率的,真诚的 vt. 免费邮寄,使自
  • pervasiveadj. 普遍的,蔓延的,渗透的
  • gearn. 齿轮,传动装置,设备,工具 v. 使适应于,以齿轮
  • disabilityn. 无力,无能,残疾
  • harborn. 海港,避难所 vt. 庇护,心怀,窝藏 vi. 进
  • inadequateadj. 不充分的,不适当的
  • decentadj. 体面的,正派的,得体的,相当好的
  • salvagen. 海上救助,打捞,抢救 vt. 海上救助,打捞,抢救
  • rescuevt. 营救,援救 n. 营救,救援