听电影《返老还童》学英语第50期:舞蹈生涯达到高峰
日期:2012-08-31 13:27

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I should've called.
我应该先打电话。  
I thought I'd come here and sweep you off your feet or something.
我以为我可以来把你迷倒。  
Daisy. Come on.
黛丝!快点!
Let's go. Be right there.
走吧,我马上来。 
Seems nice.
他好像人很好。  
Do you love him?
你爱他吗?  
I think so.
应该吧。  
I'm happy for you.
我替你高兴。  
Maybe I'll see you at home.
也许可以在新奥尔良见。  
Okay.
好。  
I enjoyed the show.
我很喜欢那场表演。  
He came to tell me...
他是来告诉我。  
his father had died.
他父亲过身。  
You couldn't have known.
你不可能知道。  
I was 23. I just didn't care.
当年我23岁,什么都不在乎。  
Some photographs, I think...
我有些照片。  
What did you do next?
后来你做了什么? 
in front of my gray bag.
应该在灰色手袋前面。  
I was as good a dancer as I was ever gonna be.
我的舞蹈生涯达到高峰。  
For five years, I...
整整五年。?

妙语佳句
1.sweep off
扫去;大量清除
When wakening up from the dream, we sweep off the annoyance in dream. Having been gotten up and then toileted, we go out for tour with our friends, what a nice day.
烦恼的事在梦醒时一扫而空,忘的乾乾净净,漱洗起身与朋友一同出游又是一个好日子。
2.should have done
本应当做某事却没做;本应该
You should have done it when you first saw them blooming this spring.
你应该在今年春天第一次看到它们盛开的时候就挖一些的。
3.happy for
为…而高兴
Be thankful and be happy for the gifts you have.
所以,为你所拥有的天赋高兴和感激吧。
4.couldn't have done
本来做不成的却做成的
If you were looking for something to believe in this last decade, you couldn't have done much better than that zone of music some of us have taken to calling the hardcore continuum.
如果你要在过去十年间找可以信赖的音乐,你最佳的去处是我们称作硬核连续体的玩意(hardcore continuum,是作者提出的形容后锐舞时代英国的新兴舞曲亚流派。
考考你
翻译
1.我以为我可以来把你迷倒。  
2.我的舞蹈生涯达到高峰。 
上期答案
1.I had no idea you were coming.
2.Do you want me just to drop everything?

分享到
重点单词
  • decaden. 十年
  • annoyancen. 烦恼,生气,令人讨厌的人或事情
  • bloomingadj. 盛开的;妙龄的 v. 开花(bloom的ing