听电影《返老还童》学英语第21期:情不自禁融入音乐之中
日期:2012-07-26 10:10

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Well, all right, long as she stays from up underfoot.
好吧,只要她不惹麻烦。  
Right this way, ma'am.
这里请,女士。  
As hard as I try, I can't remember her name.
我怎么想都想不出她的名字。  
Mrs. Lawson or Mrs. Hartford.
劳逊太太或是哈特福太太。  
Maybe it was Maple
也许是梅波太太吧。  
It's funny how sometimes the people we remember the least...
有时候我们最不记得的人。
make the greatest impression on us.
我们对他们的印象最深。  
I do remember she wore diamonds.
我记得她戴钻戒。  
And she always dressed in fine clothing, as if she was going out.
总是盛装打扮,好像要出门。  
Although she never did and nobody ever came to visit her.
虽然她没出过门,没人来看过他。  
She taught me to play the piano.
她教我弹钢琴。  
It's not about how well you play.
重点不是你弹得好不好。  
It's how you feel about what you're playing.
而是你在弹的时候的心情。  
Try this.
弹弹看。  
You can't help putting yourself in the music.
你很自然就融入音乐之中。  
There were many changes. Some you could see, some you couldn't
我发生了很多变化,有些看得出来,有些看不出来。  
Hair had started growing in all sorts of places...
我身上到处都开始长毛。  
along with other things.
别的地方也开始变大。  
I felt pretty good, considering.
老实说,我觉得很棒。  
Darling, the pain.
乖女,我好痛。  
All right, Mom. I'll get the nurse.
好,我去叫护士。

妙语佳句
1.underfoot
在脚下;践踏地;在脚下面
例如:
But when nationalism is on the march, even commercial logic gets trampled underfoot.
但是当民族主义在进行中的时候,即使是商业逻辑也被践踏在脚下。
2.make...impression
留有...印象
例如:
While the holidays might seem like a slow period for hiring, career experts say the season also presents an opportunity for job applicants to make an impression.
虽然假期看起来是求职的缓慢期,但是职场专家说假期也是求职者给雇主留下深刻印象的好机会。
3.dress in
(使)穿…的服装;乔装打扮
例如:
We knew that we were rich, for the other trees only wore their green dress in summer, but our family were able to array themselves in green, summer and winter.
我们可以看得很清楚,我们是非常富有的,因为一般的宽叶树只是在夏天才有衣服穿,而我们家里的人在冬天和夏天都有办法穿上绿衣服。
4.all sorts of
各种各样的
例如:
The Web offers all sorts of excellent material about how to do research.
互联网提供了关于如何做调查的各种各样的优良材料。
5.along with
沿(顺)着;连同…一起;与…一道;随同…一起
例如:
Note down these questions along with the questions you found in the forums.
将这些问题与你在论坛里找到的问题记录在一起。
考考你
翻译:
1.有时候我们最不记得的人,我们对他们的印象最深。    
2.你很自然就融入音乐之中。      
上期答案:
1.Did I ever tell you I've been struck by lightning seven times?
2.Did you get that this Benjamin loved you from the first time that he saw you?

分享到
重点单词
  • commercialadj. 商业的 n. 商业广告
  • impressionn. 印象,效果
  • arrayn. 数组,(陈)排列,大批,一系列 vt. 排列,布署
  • lightningn. 闪电 adj. 闪电般的,快速的 vi. 打闪
  • logicn. 逻辑,逻辑学,条理性,推理
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机