听电影《返老还童》学英语第18期:感谢上帝赐的一切
日期:2012-07-23 08:35

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Well, Benjamin.
班哲明。  
Might I say you are looking strikingly youthful.
你今天看起来非常年轻。  
Good day, Mrs. Fuller.
你好,富勒太太。  
A single cane, back straight as an arrow.
只拿一根拐杖,背挺得笔直。  
What elixir have you been drinking?
你食了什么仙丹?  
Grandma! Look at me!
奶奶!看看我。!  
Thank you, ma'am.
谢谢夸奖。  
That was really something.
你真棒。  
Come on over here, you.
过来。 
Now, this is my granddaughter, Daisy.
这是我的孙女黛丝。  
I'm afraid, Benjamin, I don't rightly know your last name.
老实说,我不知道你姓什么。  
This is Mr...
这位是。?  
Benjamin's fine.
直接叫我班哲明就行。  
I never forgot her blue eyes.
我永远忘不了她的碧眼。  
Good people, supper is served.
大家,开饭了。  
Health and food, true love and friends.
健康和食物、爱和朋友。  
For everything thy goodness sends. Amen.
感谢您赐给我们的一切,阿门。
Amen.
阿门。
That looks good.
看起来很可口。  
Did you know turkeys aren't really birds?
你知道火鸡不算鸟类吗?  
Why do you say that?
你为什么这么说?  
They are in the pheasant family, can't hardly fly.
他们属于雉科,不会飞。  
It's sad, don't you think? Birds that can't fly?
真可怜,不会飞的鸟。  
I love birds that can't fly.
我喜欢不会飞的鸟。  
They are so delicious.
他们的肉很美味。  
That's terrible.
好残忍哦。  
I have something to tell y'all while we're giving thanks for God's blessings.
感谢主的同时我有话要说。  
I had a miracle happen. The Lord saw fit to answer my prayers.
我身上发生了奇迹,上帝回应了我的祷告。  
What does she mean, answered her prayers?
她是什么意思?  
Thanks. Thank you.
谢谢大家。  
She's gonna have a baby, silly.
傻瓜,她要生小孩了。  
That's what my mama said when I was gonna have a baby brother...
我妈生我弟弟之前也这么说。
but he didn't live long...
不过他没活多久。
because he didn't breathe right.
因为他呼吸有问题。

妙语佳句
1.strikingly
显著地;突出地,引人注目地
例如:
The side of the moon facing the Earth and the side facing away have strikingly different topographies.
月亮面朝地球的这面与背对地球的那面有着截然不同的地形特征。
2.supper is served
开饭了
3.elixir
不老长寿药;万能药;炼金药
万能药名为“DRACO”,其实是美国科学家利用细胞的天然防御能力抵御感染而研发的一种能对抗多种病毒感染的药物。设计原理是引发被病毒侵袭的细胞自杀,从而阻止感染,同时不伤害健康细胞。能治愈的疾病包括人鼻病毒、流感、小儿麻痹症、一种肠胃细菌和致命的革登热、麻疹和风疹、唇疱疹、狂犬病等。预计在2021年前面市。
4.turkey
火鸡
火鸡即吐绶鸡(turkey)。鸡形目——吐绶鸡科——吐绶鸡属的一种。因发情时扩翅展尾成扇状,肉瘤和肉瓣由红色变为蓝白色,所以又叫七面鸟(或七面鸡)。原产于北美洲东部和中美洲,本为野生,现已驯化为肉用家禽。现各国多引进饲养。
5.pheasant
野鸡;雉科鸟
例如:
Pheasant is a rare delicacy we seldom can enjoy.
野鸡是我们很少能品尝到的异味美食。
考考你
翻译:
1.你知道火鸡不算鸟类吗? 
2.我身上发生了奇迹,上帝回应了我的祷告。      
上期答案:
1.It had been the best day of my life.
2.I met the person who changed my life forever.

分享到
重点单词
  • rareadj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的 adj. 煎得
  • miraclen. 奇迹
  • delicacyn. 柔软,精致,佳肴
  • turkeyn. 土耳其 turkey n. 火鸡,笨蛋,失败之作