听电影《返老还童》学英语第23期:难忘的一晚
日期:2012-07-28 09:23

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

It was a night to remember.
那是令人难忘的一晚。  
What are you, Dick Tracy or something? I've got to rest.
你是超人吗?我得休息。  
Again.
再来一次。  
Thank you. No, thank you. You have a nice night.
谢谢你,不,谢谢你,晚安。  
Will you be here tomorrow? Every night but Sunday.
你明天会在吗? 除了星期天都会在。  
It sure made me understand the value of earning a living.
这让我知道赚钱的目的。  
Good night, sweetie. Come back now.
晚安,有空再来。  
Things money can buy you.
有钱什么都买得到。 
It's nasty out.
风雨很大。  
Can I offer you a ride somewhere?
我能载你一程吗?  
That's awfully kind of you, sir.
你真好心,先生。  
My name is Thomas, Thomas Button.
我叫托玛士,托玛士巴顿。  
I'm Benjamin. Benjamin.
我是班哲明,班哲明。  
It's a pleasure to know you.
很高兴认识你。  
Would you like to stop somewhere and have a drink?
你想到哪里喝杯酒吗?  
All right.
好啊。  
What'll it be, sir?
你要喝什么?  
I'll have whatever he's having.
他喝什么我就喝什么。  
Sazerac for both of us. With whiskey, not brandy.
萨兹拉克调酒,要加威士忌。  
You don't drink, do you?
你没喝过酒,对吧?  
It's a night for firsts. How's that?
今晚什么都是第一次,怎么说?  
I never been to a brothel, either.
我也没去过妓院。  
It's an experience. Certainly is...
那是很棒的经验,没错。  
There's a time for everything. True enough.
什么事都该尝试,说的对。

妙语佳句
1.It's nasty out
风雨很大;天气很恶略
nasty
下流的;肮脏的;脾气不好的;险恶的
However, we have to ask the nasty questions ourselves or other people will do it.
尽管如此,我还是要问这个我们自己或其他人会问的讨厌问题。
2.offer you a ride
载你一程
3.Sazerac
萨泽拉克鸡尾酒(一种苦味威士忌鸡尾酒)
A proposal to honor the New Orleans cocktail known as the Sazerac has gone down the drain.
一项表彰纽奥良知名鸡尾酒萨泽拉克的提案泡汤了。
4.brothel
妓院
After some period of time, she will be resold to another brothel owner, often in another country, and the cycle will continue all over again.
经过一段时间以后,她可能又被转卖给另一个国家的另一个妓院老板,于是循环将再重复一遍。
考考你
翻译:
1.这让我知道赚钱的目的。    
2.我能载你一程吗?
3.他喝什么我就喝什么。     
上期答案:
1.I haven't had as much time with her as I would've.
2.Did I ever tell you I was struck by lightning seven times?

分享到
重点单词
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • lightningn. 闪电 adj. 闪电般的,快速的 vi. 打闪
  • drainn. 下水道,排水沟,消耗 v. 耗尽,排出,排干,喝光
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议