听电影《返老还童》学英语第55期:靠自己学会再走路
日期:2012-09-12 19:54

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I was awfully cruel.
我对他很残忍。
He didn't understand.
他不明白。
I couldn't have him see me like that.
我不能让他看到我那样。
I didn't leave right away.
我没有马上离开。
I stayed in Paris for a while to look out for her.
我留在巴黎默默看着她。
I never knew that.
我从来不知道。
Oh, darling, could you get the nurse?
女儿,请你叫护士来。
I taught myself to walk again.
我靠自己学会再走路。
I took the train to Lourdes.
然后搭火车到露德镇。
Let's take a look.
让我看看。
That's normal. Pulse rate is slowing.
很正常,脉搏慢了下来。
She is gonna struggle to breathe.
她会开始呼吸困难。
Will you be all right? Yeah.
你没事吧?没事。
All right, he says, "I went back home."
他说:“然后我就回家”。
And then there's a lot of pages torn out.
有好几页都被撕掉。
"I listened to the sound of the house."
我聆听着屋子的声音。
I think I read that already.
这段我读过了。
He spilt something on it, so it's hard to read, Mom.
这一页沾了东西,看不清楚。
Something about sailing. Does that make sense?
他好像去航海,有道理吗?
妙语佳句
1.awfully
可怕地;十分;非常;很
It is awfully strange: why did it never once enter my head all the winter that she despised me?
非常奇怪的是:为什么在整整一个冬季里,我脑子里一次也没有想过她看不起我呢?
2.look out for
留心,提防;留意找,设法得到
This also has a negative impact on the readers as almost all of them look out for something simple on the web.
这对读者也会产生消极的影响,因为几乎他们所有人都想要在网站上找到简单的东西。
3.pulse rate
脉搏率;脉冲重复频率
That would be enough to heat the core slightly and this heating would, in turn, accelerate the Cepheid’s pulse rate.
这将足于稍微加热星核,而其温度上升将随之加速“造父变星”的脉动率。
4.struggle to breathe
填充玩具动物;毛绒玩具
Watching a child struggle to breathe during an asthma attack is frightening for any parent.
对每一位家长来说,看到自己的孩子哮喘病发作而挣扎着呼吸真是令人胆战心惊。
5.make sense
有意义;讲得通;言之有理
You should try to make sense out of the world in a way that would matter to us, and if we are lucky, would matter to other people.
你们要试着从这个世界得到一些道理,以一种对我们有意义的方式,如果我们幸运的话,还能对其他人有意义。
考考你
翻译
1.我不能让他看到我那样。
2.我留在巴黎默默看着她。
上期答案
1.Very kind of you to come all this way to see that I was all right.
2.I know I'm feeling sorry for myself, but I don't want to be with you.

分享到
重点单词
  • slightlyadv. 些微地,苗条地
  • coren. 果心,核心,要点 vt. 挖去果核
  • asthman. 哮喘
  • frighteningadj. 令人恐惧的,令人害怕的 动词frighten的
  • acceleratevt. 加速,提前,跳级 vi. 加速
  • impactn. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力) vt. 挤入,压紧
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • negativeadj. 否定的,负的,消极的 n. 底片,负数,否定