听电影《返老还童》学英语第41期:彻底颠覆正统的芭蕾舞
日期:2012-08-19 09:25

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

And he just put it right into the production. I mean, can you imagine that?
他就把这一段编进舞蹈,你能想像吗?  
Like in classical ballet. You know, a dancer intentionally falling.
古典芭蕾舞伶不会故意摔倒。  
There's a whole new word for dance now. It's called abstract.
这是全新的舞蹈风格,这叫抽象舞。  
He's not the only one, though.
不是只有他这么做。  
There's Lincoln Kirstein and Lucia Chase...
还有柯尔斯坦和蔡斯。
and oh, my, there's Agnes de Mille.
天啊,还有德米尔。
She's torn up all those conventions, all that straight up and down stuff.
她打破所有传统,彻底颠覆正统的芭蕾舞。
It's not about the formality of the dance, it's about what the dancer's feeling.
重点是舞者的感觉,不是形式。
And she told me about this big new world.
她让我看到全新的世界。
Names that didn't mean a thing to me.
好多我没听过的名字。  
I didn't really hear very much of what she was saying.
我不是很了解她说的话。 
It's new and it's modern and it's American.
只知道很新颖、很摩登、很美式。
They understand our vigor and our physicality.
他们了解舞者的活力和身体。
Oh, my God. I've just been talking and talking.
天啊,我一直讲个不停。  
No, no, I've enjoyed listening.
没关系,我喜欢听。  
I didn't know you smoked .
我不知道你食烟。  
I'm old enough.
我年纪够大了。  
I'm old enough for a lot of things.
我年纪够做很多事情。  
In New York, we stay up all night.
我们在纽约都玩到天光。  
Watch the sun come up over the warehouses.
看着太阳从仓库上面升起。  
There's always something to do.
总是有好玩的事可做。

妙语佳句
1.put into
使进入;把...放进;在……上种植;插入
This would put you into repayment status, but since you are still in school, you are automatically put into deferment .
这将使你进入还款地位,但既然你还在上学,你是自动投入延期。
2.intentionally
故意地,有意地;特意地
Or you can choose to accelerate your growth and intentionally devour life and all it offers.
又或许你可以选择加速自己的成长,故意地挥霍生活及其提供的一切。
3.tear up
撕毁;撕碎;拉掉
Credit default swaps are being netted and torn up; banks are trying to unwind swaps and other derivatives.
信用违约互换正在被收回和撕毁;银行正试图分拆互换和其他衍生品。
4.formality
礼节;拘谨;仪式;正式手续
I wish we could treat each other without formality.
我真希望我们彼此之间不要太拘谨。
5.the sun come up over the warehouses
太阳从仓库上面升起
warehouse
仓库;货栈;大商店
考考你
翻译:
1.她打破所有传统,彻底颠覆正统的芭蕾舞。    
2.他们了解舞者的活力和身体。
上期答案:
1.He says that everything is predetermined.
2.Now, I can see the Empire State Building if I stand on my bed.

分享到
重点单词
  • intentionallyadv. 有意地,故意地
  • warehousen. 仓库 vt. 存入仓库
  • vigorn. 活力,精力
  • acceleratevt. 加速,提前,跳级 vi. 加速
  • tearn. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯 vt. 撕掉,扯下
  • abstractn. 摘要,抽象的东西 adj. 抽象的,理论的 vt.
  • chasen. 追求,狩猎,争取 vt. 追捕,狩猎 vt. 雕刻
  • defaultn. 假设值,默认(值), 不履行责任,缺席 v. 默认
  • unwindv. 展开,松开
  • balletn. 芭蕾舞