听电影《返老还童》学英语第51期:唯一的美国舞者
日期:2012-09-01 17:21

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Oh, I danced everywhere.
我到世界各地表演。  
London, Vienna, Prague.
伦敦、维也纳、布拉格。  
I've never seen these.
我没看过这些照片。  
Mom.
妈。  
You never talked about your dancing.
你都没提过你跳舞的事。  
Well, I was the only American to be invited to dance with the Bolshoi.
我是受邀到波修瓦剧院表演,唯一的美国舞者。  
Sugar...
乖女。 
it was glorious.
当时我意气风发。  
But Benjamin was never far from my thoughts.
但是我经常想到班哲明。  
And I'd find myself saying:
我也常常对自己说。 
Good night, Benjamin.
晚安,班哲明。  
Good night, Daisy.
晚安,黛丝。  
He said that?
他这么说?  
Life wasn't all that complicated.
人生其实并不复杂。  
If you want, you might say I was looking for something.
我可以说是在追寻什么。  
Benjamin? Mrs. La Tourneau just passed.
班哲明?拉图诺太太过身了。
A letter for Mr. Benjamin Button?
班哲明巴顿的信?
That'd be me.
是我。

妙语佳句
1.be invited to
被邀请;聘请
That means that you are never, ever going to be invited to the hip afterparties, no matter what you do or how many asinine "initialisms" you say are words.
这意味着你从不曾,也绝不会被邀请进入时尚的晚会,不管你怎么做,不管你承认多少荒谬的“首字母缩略词”是单词。
2.glorious
光荣的;辉煌的;极好的
We can reach the glorious summit of pyramid if we learn English in this way.
我们按照这样的过程学习英语,就一定能达到金字塔光辉的顶端!
3.far from
远离;远非;完全不
Far from it. The crisis has strengthened the relative position of the emerging giants, for several reasons.
远非如此,相反这场危机巩固了新兴大企业的相对地位,原因是多方面的。
4.complicated
难懂的,复杂的
Do not be rather unsophisticated in the complicated political struggle.
在错综复杂的政治斗争中不要太天真了!
考考你
翻译
1.我是受邀到波修瓦剧院表演,唯一的美国舞者。  
2.如果你想,你可以说可以说我是在追寻什么。 
上期答案
1.I heard once that love is friendship on fire.
2.I was as good a dancer as I was ever gonna be.

分享到
重点单词
  • unsophisticatedadj. 质朴无华的,天真无邪的
  • pyramidn. 金字塔 vi. 急速增加 vt. 以金字塔的模型构
  • complicatedadj. 复杂的,难懂的 动词complicate的过去
  • summitn. 顶点;最高阶层 vi. 参加最高级会议,爬到最高点
  • emergingvi. 浮现,(由某种状态)脱出,(事实)显现出来