舌尖上的美国(49):表示同情
日期:2012-09-19 23:08

(单词翻译:单击)

当别人遇到不好的事情时,身为朋友的你一定要表示一下安慰和同情。这些话用英语该怎么说呢?我们来看下面的例子。

1. My cat passed away yesterday.我的猫昨天死了。

Oh really? I’m so sorry to hear that.不是吧?真很遗憾。

2. I didn’t get the job.我没得到那份工作。

Don’t worry. It’'s their loss.别丧气,那只是他们的损失而已。

3. I failed my driving test.我驾照没考过。

Never mind. Better luck next time.别担心,下次会通过的。

4. I didn’t get into the university I wanted.。我没被那所期盼已久的学校录取。

Oh dear, I know you tried your best.宝贝,你已经尽力了。

5. My father passed away last month.我父亲上个月去世了。

Oh no, our deepest sympathy to you and your family.我们向你和你的家人致以最深刻的哀悼。

6. I missed making the A-Team by one point.我以一分之差输给了A组。

That’s really unlucky.真的是很不幸。

7. I don’t seem to fit in here.我好像不适应这儿。

I’m sure things will improve, try to stick it out.我相信经过磨练之后你可以的。

8. I hope it will be sunny for the wedding.但愿婚礼那天天气不错。

Don’t worry, things can only get better.别担心,一切都会好的。

9. Bob got fired.鲍勃被解雇了。

Oh, poor thing!哦!太惨了!

Oh, poor baby!哦,可怜的孩子!

Ah, poor Bob!啊,可怜的鲍勃!

10. I know how you feel.

My wife left me.我妻子离开了我。

Mine, too. I know how you feel.我也是,我了解你的感受。

I understand the way you feel.

I really sympathize with you.我真的同情你。

分享到
重点单词
  • sympathizev. 同情,同感
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • sympathyn. 同情,同情心,同感,赞同,慰问
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉