舌尖上的美国(26):找零钱(上)
日期:2012-08-20 22:25

(单词翻译:单击)

Asking for Change:

It is sometimes difficult to get change without buying something,so it’s a good idea to carry change with at all times.If you need change,you can buy something inexpensive like candy or a newspaper and ask for the coinsyou need.有时候不买东西就很难找到零钱。因此,有个好办法就是身边随时准备些零钱。如果你需要零钱,你可以买些糖果,报纸之类便宜的东西,这样便可以要求电源找给你所需的硬币。

A:Excuse me,but could you give me some change?

(抱歉,你能换些零钱给我吗?)

B:Let me see.Are dimes and quarters OK?

(让我瞧瞧,一角和两角五分的硬币可以吗?)

A:I want to make a long-distance phone call.

(我是想打个长途电话)

B:Then you’ll need small change.

(那你需要换小零钱)

Notice:long-distance phone call.长途电话,指投入一定量的硬币便可拨号长途电话的公用电话机。

Quarters:n.住处,岗位;人(quarter的名词复数);四分之一;(美式足球的)一节;方向

1. We searched in all quarters but still couldn't find it.

我们到处寻找,但仍没能找到。

2. Pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters are United States coins.

1分铜币、5分镍币、1角银币和2角5分银币是美国硬币。

3. This decision is seen in some quarters as a change of policy.

这项决定被一些人看成是政策的改变。

4. Divide the cake into quarters and share it equally.

把蛋糕分成四份,大家平均享用。

5. The enemy was beaten back after some heavy fighting at close quarters.

在短兵相接的激烈战斗后,敌人被击退了。

A:Sorry to bother you,but do you have change for a one?

(对不起,麻烦你,你有一元的零钱吗?)

B:I’ll have to look.What do you want it for?

(我得看一看。你要零钱做什么用?)

A:I need it for the parking meter.

(我需要零钱投入停车定时器)

A:I can give you quanters,if that’ll help.

(如果两角五分的硬币管用的话,我可以给你换一些)

Notice:one=a one-dollar bill,指一张一元的钞票

parking-meter:停车定时器。设于交通繁忙出的停车场,停车者必须根据停车时间的长短,向次机器投硬币付费。

分享到
重点单词
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急
  • candyn. 糖果 vt. 用糖煮,使结晶为砂糖 vi. 结晶为
  • inexpensiveadj. 花费不多的,廉价的
  • decisionn. 决定,决策