(单词翻译:单击)
Making an Appointment
It is usually necessary to make an appointment with a doctor.You should call as soon in advance as possible.看医生的时候通常都需要预约。一般来说,应该尽早事先打电话预约。
A:I'd like to make an appointment with Professor Smith.Would 9:00 tomorrow morning be all right?
B:I'm afraid there's nothing available before noon.She doesn't have any opening in the morning.
A:Could I possibly make it early in the afternoon?
B:Please let me check the appointment book.Sorry,that's not good either.but give me your number and I'll call you if somebody cancels.
A:我想和史密斯先生教授约个会面时间,明天九点行吗?
B:恐怕中午前都不行,上午她都没空。
A:我可以约下午一点上班的时候吗?
B:请让我先查查预约薄...不好意思,也不行。不过请你把电话号码给我,如果有人取消的话我就打电话给你。
Notes:There's nothing available before noon.available是形容词,修饰nothing。在英语中,凡是修饰nothing,something,anything等名词时,修饰语通常要置后,比如:something wonderful,anything urgent,nothing important。
Words and Phrases:
appointment n.预约
book vt预定,预约
occupy vt占据
available adj可以见到的,有空的
check n. vt检查,查看
fit…in 安排时间接到
make an appointment 预约
by the way 顺便问一下
check the appointment book 查预约簿
reschedule the consultation 重新安排会诊时间
cancel the appointment 取消预约
Sentence Patterns
What can I do for you?
需要我帮忙吗?
I'd like to make an appointment to see the doctor this week.
我想本周约见大夫。
I'm afraid he is fully booked on Monday and Tuesday.
恐怕他周一,周二已经预定满了。
Is Dr. Johnson available on Saturday?
约翰逊大夫周六有空吗?
Will Wednesday be OK. for you, Mrs. Reed?
雷德太太,星期三你看如何?
Dr. Johnson will be available on Friday afternoon this week.
约翰逊大夫本周周五有空。
Can you come here tomorrow morning at 10: 00 ?
明天早上10点你能来吗?
I'm afraid Dr. Johnson is occupied this afternoon.
恐怕约翰逊今天下午没有空。
Just a moment, please. I will check the appointment book.
稍等片刻,我得查一下预约簿。
I'm afraid we'll have to reschedule the consultation.
恐怕我们得重新安排这次会诊时间。
I'm sorry I'll have to cancel the appointment I made with Dr. Johnson this morning.
非常抱歉,我不得不取消今天上午与约翰逊大夫的预约。
The doctor will be available next Monday afternoon.
大夫下周星期一下午应该有空。