舌尖上的美国(30):请客篇(下)
日期:2012-08-21 20:52

(单词翻译:单击)

今天我们继续来谈论下请客的话题。

1.It's on me.由我来请客。

this is an important phrase to know. Usually in the west, when two friends go out to dinner, they split the check.通常在美国朋友出去吃饭都是每人付一半,上期节目中已经说过了,这个就叫spilt the check—This means they each pay half or they pay for what they had.But when someone says it's on me, it means I'm going to pay for you.但是大家要注意,“It's on me.”就是我付所有的钱。这个on me就是指我个人,我个人来付所有钱,on me非常重要。

James, let's go to dinner! It's on me.

一起去吃饭吧,我请客。

Let's go for Chinese food. It's on me.

我们去吃中国菜吧。我请客。

Let's dine out this evening. It's on me .

今晚我们到外面去吃饭好吗?。

Pay attention:Lunch is on me.午饭我请客。

Jenny和好友去餐厅吃午饭,点菜的时候,朋友说:“Lunch is on me.”Jenny心里很纳闷:“她既然带了午饭,为什么还要出来吃呢?”于是说道“Although the food you cooked at home is not delicious. You shouldn’t waster your money.”如果不清楚Lunch is on me的意思的话,就会闹这样的笑话了。

Lunch is on me直译为“午饭在我这儿“。实际上这个句子表示“午饭包在我身上”,即“我请客”。当有好事值得庆祝,而且你愿意买单时,可以用这句话。类似的说法有: The dinner is on me.晚饭我请。

请客时的常用语:

Dinner is on me.

晚饭我请客。

It's my treat today.

今天我请客。

It's my turn to treat us today.

今天,该轮到我请客了。

Let me spring for dinner.

我来请客吃饭吧。

I'll stand treat today.

今天我请客。

Let me buy the next round.

下次我请客。

Give a party by all means.

自然要请客喽!

What will you have ? It' s my shout.

你要喝什么?该我请客了。

Let's go together. I will pay the hill today.

我们一起去,今天我请客。

Let's all go out to eat. I'm buying.

我们都到外面餐厅去吃饭,我请客。

分享到
重点单词
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • splitn. 劈开,裂片,裂口 adj. 分散的 v. 分离,分