千万别学英语 第6阶段 情景9:准备晚会
日期:2013-12-17 08:30

(单词翻译:单击)

Situation9:Getting Ready the Party
场景9:准备晚会
Mike comes out of the bathroom.
Mike从浴室里出来
Damn, I cut myself shaving.
讨厌,我刮胡子的时候伤着自己了。
No problem, just put some toilet paper on it.
没事,拿卫生纸擦一下就行了。
I know that, but I'm going to have a big scab on my neck all through the party.
我知道,但是在整个晚会上我的脖子那块就会有条疤。
No one will notice it.
没有人会注意到的。
Why not?
为什么没有?
Because of that big pimple you have on your chin.
因为在你的下巴上有一个大青春痘。
They'll all be too busy staring at that to notice a little cut on your neck.
他们忙着看那而不会注意到你脖子上的伤痕。
Thanks a lot.
非常感谢。
If I keep talking to you I'll be too embarrassed to go to this party at all.
如果我继续和你说话我将窘迫的不去参加这个晚会了。
And I'm the one who got you invite. You own me.
还是我让你去的。你得感谢我。
Sorry, I was just trying to help.
对不起,我只是想帮你。
Here, let me get you that tie.
来,我给你那条领带。
That's more like it. Now you're making yourself useful.
这样多好,现在你有用了。
Do you like stripes or solids?
你喜欢条纹的还是光面的?
Give me a striped one.
给我条纹的吧。
My shirt is solid white; I don't want to look too plain.
我的衬衫是全白的;我不想看起来太朴素。
Good thinking. Do you want a mathing hankerchief?
好想法。你要不要相配的手帕?
God no. Charles, this is only semi-formal occasion.
天啊不要。 Charles,着这只是一个半正式的场合
Don't get too fancy.
不要太花里呼哨了。
I know, but when I dress up I like to go all out.
我知道,但是当我穿衣服的时候我就喜欢都带上。

分享到
重点单词
  • plainn. 平原,草原 adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简单的,平坦
  • embarrassedadj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的
  • shavingn. 刮胡子,修面;削;刨花 v. 修面,剃(shave