千万别学英语 第5阶段 情景20:在先生的办公室
日期:2013-11-29 08:30

(单词翻译:单击)

Situation20: Mr. Barnes' office
场景20: 在先生的办公室
(James knocks on Mr. Barnes' door and enters his office.)
(詹姆士敲先生办公室的门并走进去。
You asked for me,sir?
先生,你找我?
Ah, Goddard. Good, come right in.
啊,好的,进来。
Listen, I want to ask your opinion about a few things.
听着,我想关于一些事情征求你的意见。
First, let me tell you again .
首先,让我再一次。
how pleased I am at the way you handled the Wang account
告诉你我对你处理王氏生意的方法是多么满意
As you know this is a huge account
你知道这是一笔大生意,
and it is going to require its own management team.
并且需要它自己的管理小组。
Thank you, sir.
谢谢,先生。
Wang computers wants us to not only develop a new set of software
王氏电脑想让我们不仅
for the new operating system we are designing for them,
为给他们设计的新工作系统开发一组新的软件
but they also want us to develop new marketing strategies for this system.
他们还要我们为这个系统开发新的市场策略。
Something similar to what Apple did with their new line of MacIntosh computers.
和苹果做得一样用他们的MacIntosh电脑新路线。
That was a brilliant marketing idea to built the processor right into the monitor.
建立监控工序是一个绝妙的市场理论
And you know how successful they were in developing great advertising for their products.
你也知道他们在为他们的产品做广告方面是多么成功。
Yes, sir. Apple was able to regain their share of the market
是的,先生。
with the combination of a great product and good advertising.
市场与好的产品和广告结合,苹果能重新获得他们的股份
Well, Goddard.
好,
I need a team that can do the same thing for us and Wang computers.
我需要一个小组为我们和王氏电脑做同样的事情。
I'm thinking of making you the man in charge of .
我想让像你这样的人来。
putting this team together and managing it
负责组织这个小组
Do you think you could handle an assingment like that?
你认为你能完成这样的任务吗?
Do you mean that I could choose my own team?
您的意思是说我可以选择我自己的小组
With my approval of course.
经过我的批准当然可以。
Yes sir. I think with the right people working with me,
好的,先生。我想要有好的同事和一起工作,
that I can make the most of our partnership with Wang computers.
那样我可以与王氏电脑成为最好的合作伙伴。
Good. That's what I wanted to hear.
好。那就是我想听到的。
I am promoting you to the Executive Director in charge of the Wang account,
我任命你为行政董事来负责王氏生意,
Now, you are going to need a good assistant.
现在,你将需要一个好的助手。
Do you have anyone in mind?
你头脑里有人选了吗?
Yes sir, I do. Steve Dawson.
是的,先生,我想好了。
Dawson!? From what I saw at the meeting yesterday,.
从昨天在会议上看来,
he didn't seem to be a team player
他不像能成为该组织成员
He was looking out for his own interest.
他只注意到自己的利益。
Well, yes. It did seem that way.
是的,没错。好像是那样的。
but there are a few things you should know about Steve Dawson, sir
但是您应该知道关于他的一些事情,先生
First, he has been with the company much longer than I have without a promotion
首先,在我没有提升之前,他在公司就有很长时间了,
and the Wang account was his big chance.
并且王氏生意是他的一次好机会。
That is why he was so aggressive.
那就是他为什么那样好斗。
second, when I came into the company,
第二,当我进公司的时候,
there were so many things that I didn't know.
我有很多事情不知道,
Steve was never selfish with his time and he taught me a lot.
Steve从来不吝啬时间教我很多东西
Third, I think if he is given a chance,
第三,如果给他一个机会,
he can develop a great advertising package for the new system
他能给我们为王氏电脑的合作
we are developing for our partnership with Wang computers.
而开发的新系统做最好的广告策划
Last but not least, Steve and I really work well together.
最后但不是不重要,和我合作的真的很好。
I must say, I am impressed with you loyalty. All right then.
我应当要说,我因你的忠诚而感动,那好吧。
I want you to take Dawson to lunch today and inform him of his promotion
今天我想让你带去吃午饭。
to Assistant Executive Director in charge of the Wang deal.
并告诉他被任命为行政董事助理负责王氏生意
Thank you, sir. I can assure you that you won't regret your decision.
谢谢您,先生。我可以保证你不会后悔您的决定。
All right, Goddard. That's all. You can go.
好的, 就这样吧。你可以走了。
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
Oh, Goddard, one more thing.
噢,还有一件事情。
Sir?
什么,先生。
You can put the lunch bill on your new executive expense account.
你可以将你的午餐消费记入你的新的行政消费户头。
Yes, sir!
好的,先生。

分享到
重点单词
  • combinationn. 结合,联合,联合体
  • promotionn. 晋升,促进,提升
  • regainv. 恢复,重回,复得
  • assurevt. 使确信,使放心,确保
  • approvaln. 批准,认可,同意,赞同
  • aggressiveadj. 侵略的,有进取心的,好斗的
  • informv. 通知,告诉,向 ... 报告,告发
  • executiveadj. 行政的,决策的,经营的,[计算机]执行指令 n
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演
  • decisionn. 决定,决策