千万别学英语 第5阶段 情景5:到达公司
日期:2013-11-08 08:30

(单词翻译:单击)

Situation 5: Arriving at Work
场景5:到达公司
Good morning, James. You're early. What's up?
早上好。你好早啊,有什么新事?
Morning, Steve. Early is right.
早上好。早来是对的。
I've got two important meeting today; one with the boss and one with a client.
今天我有两个重要的会议,一个是和老板,另一个是和客户。
You're pretty early yourself, something important?
你自己也很早啊,有什么重要的事情?
Year, I'm metting a client, too. Someone from a big computer company.
是的。我也要见一个客户,是从一个大的电脑公司来的
I think their headquarters are in Taiwan, but this guy runs the New York office.
我想他们的总公司在台湾,但是这个家伙来自纽约办事处。
Wang Computers. That's my client, too.
王氏电脑。那也是我的一个客户
But I think the owner is a Chinese-American; .
但是我认为老总是一个华侨,
I'm not sure if they have an office in Taiwan
我不肯定他们是不是在台湾有办事处
I guess we're working on this account together.
我猜我们同时在与这家公司合作。
Good. To tell you the truth I was a little scared.
真好。告诉你实情,我还真有点提心吊胆
The account is really big; it's just too much work for one man.
这个客户真的很大,对于一个人来说这是很多的工作。
Say, what time do you meet with the boss, Mr.Barnes?
说,你什么时候会见老板Barnes先生?
Ten-thirty, Why?
十点半,怎么了?
I was right. We are on this account together.
我是对的。我们是同时与这客户合作。
I'm scheduled to meet with Mr.Barnes at ten-thirty, too.
我也害怕十点半钟和Barnes先生见面。
Well, then,partner, let's get busy preparing something for the meeting.
好的,搭档,那样的话,让我们为这次会议做好充分的准备。
Good idea. Where should we begin?
好主意。我们应该从哪开始?
I don't know about you but I always begin big projects by going to the bathroom,
我不知道你是怎么样,但是我一直是在进浴室时开始大工程。
and then with a hot cup of coffee. can you wait for me?
然后还要一杯热咖啡。你能等我吗?
Just hurry. I'll get the coffee ready.
快一点。我将准备好咖啡
That sounds like an excellent plan.
那听起来像是最好的主意。

分享到