千万别学英语 第6阶段 情景7:在的士里
日期:2013-12-13 08:30

(单词翻译:单击)

Situation7: In a taxi
场景7: 在的士里
Where to pal?
去哪朋友?
To Carleton College, please.
去Carleton大学。
Do you know where Elliot House is?
你知道Elliot屋在哪吗?
Elliot's house? I thought you wanted to go to Carleton.
Elliot的家?我想你要去Carleton。
I do. And it's not Elliot's house, it's Elliot House.
我是,但不是Elliot的家,是Elliot屋
That's the name of my dormitory.
那是我宿舍的名称。
Oh, why didn't you say so?
哦,你为什么不这样说?
And no, I don't know where it is.
我不知道在哪。
That's all right.
那好。
Just go to the college and I'll give you directions from there.
就去学校我在那里将告诉你方向。
You got it. (They arrive the from gate of the college.)
你到了。(他们到达学校大门口。)
We're here. Now where to?
我们到了,现在往哪走?
Make a right turn at the gate, then go down to streets and take a left.
在大门那向右拐,然后一直走再向左拐。
Will that be a left on Broadway?
是不是在百老汇街向左拐?
Yes. Elliot House is at 357 Broadway.
是的。Elliot屋就在百老汇街357号
Good for Elliot House, but Broadway is a one-way street.
好去Elliot屋,但百老汇街是单行道。
I can only turn right.
我只能向右拐。
Woops, sorry about that.
真是不幸
I don't have a car and so I never pay attention to which strees are one-way.
我没有车,所以我从来不注意那条街是单行道。
Don't worry about it, kid.
不要担心,小伙子。
I know a shortcut anyway.
我还知道一条小路。
I'll take the first left instead of the second, and then go around the back of your dorm.
我在第一个路口拐弯,然后开到你宿舍的后面去。
Great. It's a good thing you know the streets around here better than I do.
好极了。这里的街道你比我知道的多还是件好事。
That's my job. I get paid to know this streets.
那是我的工作。我靠知道这些街道赚钱。
Where are you from, not from around here I guess?
你从哪来,我猜不是这周围的。
No. I'm just here for school. I'm originally from Delaware.
不,我在这里上学。我是从德拉威州来的。
Nice state, Delaware.
好地方,德拉威州。
Well, here we are.
好,我们到了。
That'll be seven dollars and fifty cents.
那是七美元五十分
Here's nine. Keep the change.
这是九美元,不用找了。
Thanks.No, thank you.
谢谢。不,谢谢你

分享到