千万别学英语 第5阶段 情景22:在饭馆里
日期:2013-12-03 08:30

(单词翻译:单击)

Situation22: At the Restaurant
场景22:在饭馆里
Wow, this is a really expensive place.Are you sure you want eat here?
噢,这个地方很贵的你确定在这里吃饭吗?
I don't we just go get a couple of sandwiches?
我们为什么不就买两份三明治呢?
Don't worry about that.
不要担心呢个。
(The waitress greets them.)
女侍者迎接他们。
Good afternoon. How many people today?
下午好。今天几个人?
Just the two of us.
就我们两个。
Would you like a booth?
你们要雅间吗?
That will be fine, thank you.
那样最好了,谢谢。
All right, follow me please.
好的,请跟我来。
(James and Steve are seated.)
(詹姆士和坐下来。
Here is our lunch menu with the specials listed on the right.
这是我们这的午餐菜单右边列了独特菜。
I would especially like to recommend the steak and lobster combination.
我特别要向你们推荐这个牛排和龙虾组合。
The lobster is very fresh.
这个龙虾很新鲜。
I think I will just have the soup and salad special, please.
我想我们只要汤和独特色拉。
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
Why don't we both get the steak and lobster special? It sounds great.
我们为什么不都要这个牛排和龙虾?听起来这个不错。
But James, that will be a sixty dollar lunch bill.
但是,詹姆士,那将是六十元的费用。
I know what your salary is and you can't afford lunches like this.
我知道你的薪水是多少,你不可能付得起像这样的午餐。
Don't worry about it. This goes on a company credit card.
不要担心。这都记入公司的信用卡。
But we don't have company credit cards.
但是我们没有公司信用卡。
As of today, I have one.
可是今天,我有一张。
James! Does that mean that you got a promotion?
詹姆士!那是不是意味着你升职了?
Let's order first, then I'll tell you all about it.
我们先点菜,然后我在告诉你这些。
Waitress, we'd like two of the steak and lobster specials.
侍者,我们要两份牛排和龙虾。
Yes, sir. And how would you like your steak?
好的,先生。你们的牛排要什么样的?
Medium rare, please.
半生的。
And you, sir?
你的呢,先生?
Make mine medium well, please.
我的也要半生的。
Fine. Anything to drink today?
好的。还要什么喝的?
Yes, I believe we will have two glasses of your best red wine.
好,我们想要两杯你们这最好的红酒。
Very good. Will that be all?
好的,不要什么了吗?
Yes, thank you.
是的,谢谢。
Would you tell me what's going on? I'm dying of curiousily.
你能不能告诉我是怎么样的?我快惊奇死了
I met Mr. Barnes this morning .
今天早上我见过先生了,
and we had a very interesting talk about the Wang account
我们谈到了王股东
What did he say?
他怎么说?
Well, first of all, you are looking at the new Executive Director
好,首先,你负责王股东发展小组的
in charge of the Wang account development team.
新行政副董事
Are you serious? Congratulation James, you really deserve it.
你是不是严肃的?祝贺你,是你应得的。
Wow! An executive position, I can't believe it.
噢,行政职位,我不能相信。
That's not all.
还没有完。
Mr. Barnes thinks that what this account really needs is not only technical support
先生觉得这个生意不只需要技术支持
but a new promotional strategy to emphasize the strenghs of our software
还需要新的发展策略来强调我们的软件
and Wang's operating systems.
和王氏机构的实力。
My new job is to put together and supervise a .
我的新工作就是组织管理。
team to continue technical development and support
这个小组并继续技术的发展和支持
In addition, as I just mentioned,
除此之外,就象我提到的,
the team will have to come up with a new and
这个小组将为我们的产品推出新颖的。
innovative marketing strategy for the product.
和创造性的市场策略
That all sounds great, James.
那听起来都很不错,詹姆士
I'm really happy for you.
我真的为你而高兴。
If I had been just a little more of a team player,
如果我可能成为一个小组成员,
perhaps Mr. Barnes would of promoted me to the team as well.
也许先生也会推荐我进小组。
I guess I really missed my chance yesterday.
我真的认为昨天我失去了机会。
Well, that is what I wanted to talk to you about over lunch today.
这就是在今天午饭时我要告诉你的。
Even though things didn't go that well for you yesterday,
虽然昨天事情没有进展的很顺利,
I understand why it happened.
我明白为什么会发生。
I know how much stress you have been under at work to bring in a big contract.
我知道你为这个大合同工作有很大压力。
To be honest, I haven't been sleeping very well because of the stress.
老实说,我因为这个重压没有睡好
Also, I remember how much you help me when I first joined the company.
还有,我记得当我刚加入公司的时候你帮了我很多。
That is why I want you to be my right hand man on the new team.
这就是为什么我要你在我的新小组里成为我的助手。
Mr. Barnes authorized me to offer you the Assistant Executive Director's position.
先生委任我给你行政副董事助理的职位。
You're not joking, are you?
你没有开玩笑,是吗
You are being serious with me?
你跟我是认真的吗?
I'm being totally serious.
我真的很认真
I can't believe it. This is the chance I've been waiting for.
我不相信。这就是我要等的机会
But, I don't understand.
但是,我不明白。
Yesterday Mr. Barnes looked like he was ready to fire me.
昨天先生看起来要解雇我。
What changed his mind?
什么改变了他的想法?
I don't think he was really that mad at you.
我不相信他真的那样疯了对你
but he did ask me who I wanted to be second hand command on my team
但是他问我想要求谁成为我的小组里的第二把手,
and I said I wanted you.
我说我要你。
After yesterday you would still do this for me?
昨天以后你还能为我做这些?
Like I said before, I understand why you acted the way you did yesterday.
就像我以前说的,我明白你昨天为什么那样做。
I also need your advertising expertise on the team.
在小组里我还需要你的广告方面的专业知识。
I don't know what to say.
我不知该怎么说。
This is the promotion I've been waiting for.
这就是我等的提升。
Congratulations, Steve.
祝贺你,Steve.
(Waitress brings the food and drinks)
(女侍者拿来了食物和酒。
Here are your orders and your drinks. Enjoy your meal.
这是你们要的和酒,请慢用。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
If there is anything else I can get you, please let me know.
如果有什么需要我,请告诉我。
(James picks up his wine glass)
詹姆士端起酒杯
Let's make a toast to our new team.
让我们为我们的新小组干杯
Cheers.
干杯。

分享到
重点单词
  • commandn. 命令,指挥,控制 v. 命令,指挥,支配 n. [
  • emphasizevt. 强调,着重
  • lobstern. 龙虾
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • stressn. 紧张,压力 v. 强调,着重 vt. 强调 n.
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演
  • combinationn. 结合,联合,联合体
  • expertisen. 专家的意见,专门技术
  • technicaladj. 技术的,工艺的
  • recommendvt. 建议,推荐,劝告 vt. 使成为可取,使受欢迎