千万别学英语 第6阶段 情景22:因特网
日期:2014-01-03 08:30

(单词翻译:单击)

Situation 22: The Internet
场景22:因特网
(Charles and his friend Kristina are back in the dorm room using the internet.)
(查尔斯和他的朋友讫里什那回到宿舍正在上因特网。)
Kristina, do you usually use Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer when you surf the web?
讫里什那,你通常在网上冲浪时是用网络导航栏还是因特网游览器?
Charles, I don't know anything about computers,
查尔斯,关于电脑我什么都不知道。
that's why I'm here to learn from you.
那就是为什么我在这里跟你学。
Oh, right. Well, personally, I only use Netscape.
噢,对。好,就我个人来说,我只用网络。
It's the best and besides I don't like using anything from Microsoft.
这是最好的,除此之外我不喜欢用微软的任何东西。
Charles, let's start at the beginning.
查尔斯,让我们从头开始。
What on earth does "surfing the web" mean?
“网上冲浪”到底是什么意思?
I forgot, you really are a beginner.
我忘记了,你真的是初学者。
“Surfing the web”means exploring the world wide web.
“网上冲浪”意思是开发世界广阔的网络。
That's nice.
那很美。
And what, may I ask, is the world wide web?
还有什么,我能问吗,是世界广阔网络?
That's just like saying the internet.
那就象说因特网。
Okay. That's not so difficult to understand.
好。那弄明白不是很难。
No, it isn't. You'll understand all this in no time.
是的。你会在很短时间里弄会的。
I sure hope so.
我希望是这样。
Not knowing about the internet makes me feel so premodern.
不懂因特网让我感觉很落伍。
Well, the internet will have you feeling postmodern.
是的,因特网会让你感觉超前。
At this point, I'd be happy with just plain modern.
就这种观点,我还是喜欢就这样。
I think we can do that.
我想我们可以做到的。
Here, let's go to my home page.
来,进入我的主页。
Um, I don't want to sound dumb, but what's a home page?
我不想沉默不语,什么是主页?
Don't worry about it, and don't ask so many questions.
不要担心,不要问这么多问题。
Just listen, watch,and learn.
只要听,看和学就行了。
Soon you will understand everything.
很快你就会懂得所有东西。
Is it really that easy?
真的是那么简单吗?
Yes. I'm telling you, all you have to do is be able to read and push buttons.
是的。我告诉你,你所要做的能看和按钮。
There is nothing more to it.
再没有什么了。
That much I think even I can do.
我想得比我做的多。
I'm sure you can.
我保证你可以。

分享到
重点单词
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • postmodernadj. 后现代的
  • plainn. 平原,草原 adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简单的,平坦
  • surfn. 海浪拍岸,冲浪 vi. 冲浪,浏览 vt. 浏览