位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 27宜嫁 > 正文
听电影《27宜嫁》学英语第52期:乔治娶到蒂莎
日期:2012-12-20 13:24

(单词翻译:单击)


原文欣赏

As all you know, George is my big brother.

乔治不单是大哥。  

But he's more than that.

还是我的好友。  

He's my best friend. And now George has Tess, who's- who's really-really, really cool.

他是我最好的朋友,乔治娶到蒂莎,她真的超好。  

Cause she's gonna help me start my own cleaning business.

她帮我搞我的清洁事业。  

Oh.Tess told me not to tell you, George.

她叫我别告诉你,但我太兴奋。  

So I'm only doing George's place right now.

如今只做乔治的家。  

But I'm so excited.But if anyone is in the market for a really good cleaning service.

若你们想找好的清洁服务。  

Please see me in the lobby.

在大堂面谈,多谢。  

Thank you.  

不,不是那。 

That's great.No, it's- it's not. George.

好极。  

George, wait, please.Let me explain.

乔治,听我解释。

So what happened?

你搞什么鬼?  

He needed to know the truth.You could've told him face-to-face.

他需要知道真相,可以当面说。  

I mean, I know that my moral compass doesn't exactly point due north.

虽然我称不上很有道德。  

but if I say something's wrong, something's wrong.

但我始终觉得你错了。  

You're the one who is always telling me to stand up for myself.

是你教我忠于自己。  

Yeah: But that's not what you did.

对,但你不是。  

What you did was unleash 20 years of repressed feelings in one night.

你将廿年来的怨愤一次发泄。  

It was entertaining- don't get me wrong.

很有娱乐性,别误会。  

but if it was the right thing to do, you'd feel better right now.

若是对的,你应该很好受。  

Do you feel better right now?

你好受吗?  

The wedding's off. I hope you're happy.

婚礼取消了,你开心啦。

妙语佳句

1.more than

多于;超出;比……多

While reading this book, I have pick up more than one hundred printing mistakes.

读这本书时,我已经改正了一百多个印刷错误。

2.service

n. 服务,服侍;服役;仪式

adj. 服务性的;耐用的;服现役的

vt. 维修,检修;保养

She reported well of the service at this restaurant.

她说这家饭馆的服务态度很好。

3.compass

n. 指南针,罗盘;圆规

vt. 包围

But we made progress because of our belief in those core principles, which have served as our compass through the darkest of storms.

但是我们对这些核心原则的信念我们取得的进展,在最黑暗的风暴当中是作为我们的指南针。

4.right now

就是现在,马上

As I have said, we do not have all the answers right now, but we will get them.

正如我所说过的,我们现在没有所有的答案,但是我们将为之努力。

考考你 (请翻译)

1.她帮我搞我的清洁事业。

2.你将廿年来的怨愤一次发泄。

上期参考答案

1.they both shared the same level of dedication and commitment.

2.Why exactly were you wearing your engagement ring then?


分享到
重点单词
  • coren. 果心,核心,要点 vt. 挖去果核
  • commitmentn. 承诺,保证; 确定,实行
  • engagementn. 婚约,订婚,约会,约定,交战,雇用,(机器零件等)
  • unleashv. 解开 ... 的皮带,解除 ... 的束缚,解放
  • compassn. 指南针,圆规 vt. 图谋,包围,达成
  • repressedadj. 被抑制的;被压抑的 v. 抑制;镇压;约束(r
  • dedicationn. 奉献,献词,献堂礼