(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Mmm.You're just very trusting.
你太没有戒心。
and it's not your fault, I guess. Mm-kay.
那不是你的错 。
That's very big of you, Tess. Thank you.
谢谢你那么大量。
Wait. Are you checking me off your list?
你想把我从名单上剔掉?
Um, about the slide show.
幻灯片方面。
I know exactly what I want you to say.
我清楚地知道自己想要什么你说。
Yep. Mm-hmm. So I'm gonna send you George's as well.
再加上乔治的。
Um, here. Please say this and only this.
给你,照读行了,不想你再惹祸。
Cause we don't want to be embarrassed again.
因为我们不想再感到尴尬。
Okay. You got it.
明白。
Here it is.
来了。
Step in. Okay.Yep. There you go.It's beautiful.
太漂亮了。
You might have to unbutton that back.
解开后面的钮。
One second. Okay.
等等,好了。
Perfect.
很美。
So what do you think?
你觉得如何?
L- I thought you were wearing Mom's dress.
不是穿妈的裙吗?
It is Mom's dress. Well, parts of it.
这是妈的裙,部份是。
It was just so old-fashioned, you know?
太老土了。
So we could just use a few pieces here and there.
于是改头换面。
Parts?Mm-hmm. Yeah.
部份?
Like this, and the lace.
像这儿及花边。
妙语佳句
1.trusting
adj. 信任的;轻信的
v. 信赖(trust的ing形式)
First, they have to establish a close and trusting relationship with crucial constituencies: that is, the faculty and the board.
首先,他们必须与学院的重要支持者们(即教职员和董事会)建立紧密且信任的关系。
2.check off
核对;经查对无误而在…上作记号;扣除
Write down, clearly, what needs to happen in order for you to check off your project as “finished”.
明白地写下来要发生地,以便能让你核对你的计划的“完成”。
3.slide
n. 滑动;幻灯片;滑梯;雪崩
vi. 滑动;滑落;不知不觉陷入
vt. 滑动;使滑动;悄悄地迅速放置
The moon struggled in its straitjacket: a tremor like that of an earthquake caused avalanches of empty cans to slide down from the mountain of refuse.
月亮与它的紧身衣搏斗着:发出一阵阵的震动,就像地震引起空的罐子从垃圾山上滑下来造成的震动那样。
4.unbutton
vi. 解开钮扣;吐露
vt. 解开钮扣
Step aside here and unbutton your vest please.
请您到这边来一下,解开马夹纽扣。
考考你 (请翻译)
1.你想把我从名单上剔掉?
2.解开后面的钮。
上期参考答案
1.I had no idea what he was writing.
2.I've been doing a lot of thinking about the article fiiasco.