位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 紫罗兰 > 正文
电影《紫罗兰》精讲第21期:爆米花式的垃圾
日期:2014-07-04 19:12

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

She’s in real estate? How did that happen?
她在卖房地产? 怎么会这样?
Look, I don’t know, and I was not about to ask.
我不知道 我也没问
Yeah, but when we ran into her that night,
是没错 可是那天晚上
she said she was workin’ on a new novel.
她还说她在准备写新作呢
Yeah, well, look. She hasn’t published anything in 1 0 years, right?
对 可是 她已经10年没有出版过了 不是吗?
So she probably just needed the job.
所以她可能就需要份工作了
It doesn’t make any sense though. She’s a great writer.
可这说不通啊 她是个很棒的作家
She’s selling real estate... to you.
她居然卖房地产…给你
Look, you read her shit in the past.
你也读过她以前的东西
I mean, all that esoteric nonsense.
我是说 全是些深沉的废话
She probably just can’t get published.
也许她只是没法出版它们吧
What? Oh, come on. See? That’s
什么? 噢 拜托 看到没? 这…
You areThat is the problem, right there. ’’Esoteric nonsense.’’
你…这就是问题所在 就是这个 "深沉的废话"
No. See, where is Where are the people that want literature?
不是这样的 喜欢文学的人都上哪儿去了?
Is Are we, as a society, the type of people that all we want...
是…我们是不是 这个社会 人们所要追求的…
is pulp and popcorn and the same crap?
就是些庸俗的类似爆米花式的垃圾呢?
Are we not an ideas culture anymore?
难道我们不再对文化有所思考了吗?
Brian, I’m not gonna have the ’’ideas’’
布莱恩 我不会再跟你谈论什么"思考"
conversation with you again, all right?
之类的话题了 行吗?
Let it rest.
让它去吧

重点讲解

重点单词:
1、popcorn
n. 爆米花,爆玉米花
You tasted like popcorn.
你尝起来像爆米花。
2、 nonsense
n. 胡说;废话
adj. 荒谬的
int. 胡说!
He fuzzed up the plot line with a lot of emotional nonsense.
他说了一大堆情绪激动的废话使情节主线模糊不清。
3、esoteric
adj. 秘传的;限于圈内人的;难懂的
That includes many individuals with esoteric skills that are of little use in everyday life - like being able to instantly reckon the day of the week for any past or future date.
这包括许多不同的个体拥有在日常生活中很少用得上的深奥技能——比如能够立即算出任何一个过去或将来的日期是星期几。
重点短语:
1、run into
遭遇,陷入;撞上,撞到;偶然遇见
The storm is coming.Run into the classroom!
暴风雨来了,快进教室去!
2、make any sense
说不通;没意思
Let me show you an example of the first possibility, because that's the one I think we may be overlooking when we assume that disregarding can't ever make any sense.
让我给你们一个第一种可能的例子,因为我认为我们可能会忽视它,当我们假设无视根本说不通时。
考考你(翻译):
1、那朵看起来像爆米花的旁边的那朵。
2、屋顶上的雨水都流入管道中。
3、这样做对我来说是不合逻辑并且毫无意义的。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、But in China, it is inappropriate to do so, " she adds.
2、I’m sure our housing sale will turn around next month.
3、His lips are roofed by a moustache.

分享到
重点单词
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • plotn. 阴谋,情节,图,(小块)土地, v. 绘图,密谋,
  • inappropriateadj. 不适当的,不相称的
  • pulpn. 果肉,纸浆,木髓,牙髓,低级刊物 vt. 使成为浆
  • assumevt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为
  • emotionaladj. 感情的,情绪的
  • esotericadj. 秘传的,神秘的,难懂的
  • estaten. 财产,房地产,状态,遗产