电影《紫罗兰》精讲第19期:一个坏消息
日期:2014-07-02 19:02

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文


I did tell you that it requires a little refurbshing.
我的确有跟你说过这里需要再装修的
It’s a, uh, handyman special.
只需要 呃 做一点杂活就好了
Oh, and l look like a handyman to you?
哦 那我看上去像个杂工吗?
Obviously, l didn’t mean you.
当然 我并不是指你
Monroe, come on. I’m just breakin’ your balls.
门罗 少来了 我只是开你玩笑的
I’m just I’m in shock.
我只是…我有点吓到
This is what you get for two million dollars, huh?
这就是你花了200万弄到的?
lt breaks my heart.
太让我伤心了
Did l ever tell you about the apartment I had on the Upper West Side?
我有跟你提过我在西边的公寓吗?
Got it in the mid’90s for a song? 
全是90年代的风格
Now the exwife has it, so that’s two bad investments.
现在都给我前妻了 所以那是两个亏本投资
You know, uh, with the right kind of vision, this could be a very special home.
只要装修好了 这里会成为很好的住所的
The neighborhood is changing.
邻里都在变化呢
Why don’t we have a, uh a talk?
我们为什么不 呃…谈一下呢?
Told you it was an exclusive. 
跟你说了这里是私有的
So look, I got I got some bad news, Monroe. 
那么听着 我有…一个坏消息 门罗
I went to college with this woman,
我是这位女士的大学同学
even dated her best friend, okay?
甚至还跟她的好朋友交往过
So I’m thinking, you and I have had a pretty good run here.
我觉得我们合作得很愉快

重点讲解

重点单词:
1、require
vt. 需要;要求;命令
The police required the traveler to unlock his suitcase.
警察要求这位旅客将手提箱打开。
2、refurbish
vt. 刷新;再磨光
Our house will be refurbished in the near future.
我们的房子最近将进行翻修。
3、exclusive
adj. 独有的;排外的;专一的
n. 独家新闻;独家经营的项目;排外者
Lack of exclusive content.
缺乏独有的内容。
4、apartment
n. 公寓;房间
We leased an apartment from the school.
我们从学校租到了一套公寓住房。
5、investment
n. 投资;投入;封锁
They were discussing over the plan of investment.
他们就投资规划展开了讨论。
考考你(翻译):
1、你需要多少钱?
2、她将所有的锅碗瓢盆都擦拭一新。
3、不再有独家合同,美国是最后一份。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、Then what should you use when trying to transfer date or time representation?
2、Our car is old although it still runs well.
3、But right now, I have no idea what will happen, so I guess you’ll have just have to stick around and find out .

分享到
重点单词
  • exclusiveadj. 独占的,唯一的,排外的 n. 独家新闻,独权
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • transfern. 迁移,移动,换车 v. 转移,调转,调任
  • suitcasen. 手提箱