(单词翻译:单击)
偶像的一生
l was devastated. l started to cry.
我难过极了 痛哭失声
We had spent 40 years of our lives as the closest of friends.
我们当了40年的好朋友
And l couldn't believe it.
我真不敢相信
l remember the feeling l got, you know.
我还记得当时的感觉
lt was like somebody punching you in the stomach.
就像被人朝腹部狠揍一拳一般
God, it Was just so...l didn't follow the news a lot.
天啊 简直是...我没怎么看新闻
l'll tell you why l didn't follow the news.
我告诉你为什么
lt's because of the people exploiting the man.
因为人们还是在消费他
That makes me sad.The night that Michael died,
让我很难过 迈克尔走的那天
the next show l did, l mentioned Michael, too.
我在下一场演出还提到他
lt just was...People just stood up, you know. They stood up.
真的是...全场都起立了
And a lot of people took their cigarette lighters out and just lit it.
许多人还把打火机拿出来 点了起来
You know, it's just sad, man. lt's sad.
真的是好难过
重点讲解
1、punch
用拳猛击(或攻击)
After punching him on the chin she wound up hitting him over the head.
她先挥拳打他的下巴,然后又打他的脑袋。
He punched the wall angrily, then spun round to face her.
他生气地用拳捶墙,接着转过身来面对着她。
按(键等);压(按钮等)
Mrs. Baylor strode to the elevator and punched the button.
贝勒太太迈向电梯,按下按钮。
影响力;效力
My nervousness made me deliver the vital points of my address without sufficient punch.
我太紧张,没能有效地传达我演说的要点。
Hurricane Andrew may be slowly losing its punch, but its winds are still around 100 miles an hour.
飓风安德鲁的风力可能会逐渐减弱,但风速仍在每小时100英里左右。
2、exploit
压榨;剥削;占…的便宜
Critics claim he exploited black musicians for personal gain.
批评家声称他压榨黑人音乐家谋求私利。
the plight of the exploited sugar cane workers.
受剥削的甘蔗工人的困境
充分运用;发挥
You'll need a good aerial to exploit the radio's performance.
你需要弄个好天线来发挥广播的性能。
Cary is hoping to exploit new opportunities in Europe.
卡里希望好好利用欧洲的新机遇。
开采;开发;利用
I think we're being very short sighted in not exploiting our own coal.
我认为不开采我们自己的煤是非常短视的做法。

