(单词翻译:单击)
感到羞辱的经历
When Michael gave his speech from Neverland,
迈克尔在梦幻庄园开记者会时
we watched it in the green room backstage at this TV show.
我们在后台的绿屏室观看
l ask all of you to wait and hear the truth.
我请求你们等真相揭发
And l remember seeing it with La Toya thinking, 'This is your brother
我一边与拉托雅观看 一边心想 这是你亲弟弟
'and you're getting ready to go on television
你现在正准备要上电视
'and l'm gonna ask you these questions
我将要问你这些问题
'and the lie detector's gonna be swinging like crazy. '
测谎器一定会大声作响
And suddenly, La Toya's price for that interview
拉托雅那次访谈的价码
had gone up to, like, $10,000 from $100,000.
突然从一万跳到十万
Jack said, 'You know, this is now the biggest story in the world,
杰克说 这可是全球最抢手的新闻
'and La Toya is going to be paid appropriately. '
拉托雅应该得到应有的报酬
And the show would not pay her that money,
节目不肯支付那个价钱
and so, l ended up getting a free trip to Madrid.
结果是我赚到一趟去马德里的机票
They served a search warrant on me,
他们对我发拘捕令
which allowed them to view and photograph my body, including my penis,
强制的观看并摄影我的身体 包括性器官
my buttocks, my lower torso, thighs and any other area that they wanted.
我的臀部 下半身 大腿 以及任何他们想要拍摄的部位
Michael did talk to me about the strip search.
迈克尔有跟我聊过脱衣搜身的事
Basically, he said it was the most humiliating experience of his life.
他说是他此生最感到羞辱的经历
He couldn't believe that it could happen.
他从未想过会发生这种事
He couldn't imagine that the law provided for such a thing.
他无法想象法律竟会允许这种事
Who would stoop as low as trying to take pictures of a person's genitals,
有谁会没格调到愿意拍摄一个人的性器官
and just trying to humiliate him like that?
好来羞辱他?
That was terrible.
真是太糟糕了
重点讲解
1、go on
继续做
Unemployment is likely to go on rising this year.
今年的失业人数可能会继续上升。
I'm all right here. Go on with your work.
我这里很好,你继续工作吧。
进行;发生
While this conversation was going on, I was listening with earnest attention.
这场对话进行的时候,我聚精会神地听着。
I don't know what's going on.
我不知道发生了什么事。
(做完某事后)进而,接着(做另一件事)
Alliss retired from golf in 1969 and went on to become a successful broadcaster.
阿利斯于1969年从高尔夫球界退役,继而成为一名成功的节目主持人。
She went on to say that she had discussed it with the Canadian foreign minister.
她接着又说她已同加拿大外长就此进行了磋商。
2、end up
(通常指意外地)最终到达
The result was that the engine ended up at the bottom of the canal.
结果引擎最终沉到了运河底。
She fled with her children, moving from neighbour to neighbour and ending up in a friend's cellar.
她带着孩子逃亡,从一个邻居家跑到另一个邻居家,最后逃到了一个朋友的地下室。
最终;结果;到头来
If you don't know what you want, you might end up getting something you don't want.
如果你不知道自己想要什么,到头来你可能得非所愿。
Every time they went dancing they ended up in a bad mood.
每次他们去跳舞,都会不欢而散。

