影视剧中的社交美语 第123期:遗漏信息
日期:2015-03-17 15:44

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

The Vampire Diaries,《吸血鬼日记》


A:Mr.Saltzman. We need your help. Stefan's in the house. Damon s a vampire. He can't get in. We need you. I would go,but…

甲:萨尔兹曼先生,我们需要你的帮助。斯蒂芬在房子里,达蒙是吸血鬼,他进不去,我们需要你的帮助。我想进去但是…

B:Your life is valuable.Yours, on the other hand…

乙:你的生命很宝贵,而你的嘛…

A:Stefan told me about your ring.

甲:斯蒂芬把戒指的事告诉我了。

B:What about it?

乙:有什么问题吗?

A:Let me recap…You tried to kill me.I defended myself You died.And according to my brother,your ring brought you back to life.Am I leaving anything out?

甲:我来回顾一下…你试图杀了我,我保护了自己,然后你死了。按照我弟弟的说法,你的戒指使你复活了,我说漏什么了吗?

B:Yeah.The part where I try and kill you again. Only this time,I don't miss.

乙:是的。关于我试着再杀你一次的部分。不过这次我可不会失手了。

A:Mr.Saltzman. Please. It's Stefan.

甲:萨尔兹曼先生,拜托。斯蒂芬危在旦夕。

B:I'm sorry, Elena. But if s not my problem.

乙:很抱歉,伊琳娜。但这与我无关。

A:That's a shame.Because the woman in charge of the crowd can help you find your wife.

甲:真可惜啊!因为统领那群人的女人可以帮你找到你的妻子。

B:You're lying.

乙:你说谎!

A:Am I? Why don't you ask her yourself? Coward! Come on, Elena.

甲:我有吗?你为什么不自己问问她?懦夫!走吧,伊琳娜。

B:All right! Wait.I'll go.

乙:好吧!等等,我会去的。

社交美语

You know, she didn't mean it. It's a slip of the tongue!

你看,她不是故意的。只是口误!

Are you sure?

你确定吗?

重点讲解:

It's a slip of the tongue!

It's an oral mistake!

一看到“误”,我们都会联想到mistake,所以“口误”就成了 oral mistake。 这么说,意思是正确的,但是却不地道。“口误”其实是a slip of the tongue,是 “舌头滑了一下”,不小心说错了话,表示“不经心的错误、失误、口误”。

分享到