影视剧中的社交美语 第116期:电话联系
日期:2015-03-06 14:30

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Pretty Little Liars,《美少女谎言》


A:You can't take away my phone.

甲:你不能拿走我的电话。

B:I'm not taking it away. You can use it all you want.

乙:我没有要拿走,你想怎么用都可以。

A:It's just when you get home from school.

甲:只不过在你放学回家以后,

B:You gotta leave it on the dining room table.

乙:你得把它留在餐桌上。

A:You want to call someone,call from downstairs.

甲:如果你想打电话,到楼下来。

B:So you'll know if I'm trying to talk to Aria,Spencer and Hanna.

乙:这样你就知道我是否试图跟艾丽娅、斯宾塞还有汉娜在通电话了。

A:You know what? It's a project.

甲:你知道吗?就当这是个体验吧。

B:You get to experience life the way it was before we had anything other than landlines.

乙:你可以体验生活最原始的风貌,那时我们连有线电话都没有。

A:Are we gonna start milking our own cows and using kerosene lamps,too?

甲:我们是否也要开始自己挤牛奶、点煤油灯呢?

B:Look, Emily,I know this is hard,But it's not mean.

乙:听着,艾米丽,我知道这事很难,但这样并不苛刻。

A:I think this is a good idea.

甲:我觉得这是好事。

B:You'd better start thinking about packing.

乙:你最好想想打包的事。

A:So the real estate people anyone living here as when they tramp through our house?

甲:这样房屋中介带客户来的时候,就能更光明正大了吗?

B:Actually,no more tramping.

乙:事实上,不会再有人来看房子了,

A:We have a family who wants to lease the place for a year.

甲:有一家人要租这房子一年。

职场美语

Drop a dime some time.

给我打电话。

Sure, you too.

当然,你也是啊。

重点讲解:

Call me.

Drop a dime some time.

告别时我们经常会说“给我打电话”(Call me.),但老外这时喜欢说Drop a dime some time.偶尔丢个一角硬币。其实他是让你偶尔给他打个电话,这是因为以前在用公用电话只需投一角硬币(dime),就可以拨通一个电话。

分享到