影视剧中的社交美语 第78期:有朋自远方来
日期:2014-12-26 16:23

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Young Victoria,《年轻的维多利亚》


Is this all the luggage?
所有的行李都在这儿了?
What if she wants to dance?
如果她想要跳舞呢?
It's your first visit. She won't.
你才第一次来,她不会的。
Bring that through.
把行李拿下来。


Your Serene Highnesses, I bid you welcome to England.
欢迎两位殿下到英国。
Thank you. I'm Sir John Conroy, controller of the Duchess's household.
谢谢。我是约翰康罗伊爵士,公爵夫人的管家。
This way, please. The Duchess is in the drawing room.
这边请。夫人在画室。
Ah! May I present her Royal...
请允许我介绍。
Hello. I'm Ernst, ma'am.
我是欧尼斯特,夫人。
This is my brother, Albert.I hope we haven't interrupt your studies.
这是我弟弟阿尔伯特。
No, not at all.How was your journey?
没有打扰您学习吧?
Long, but not too bad. We had books to keep us busy.
太远了。不过还不错。我们看了很多书打发时间。
As matter of fact, I passed the time reading The Bride of Lammermoor.
事实上,我在读《拉美摩尔的新娘》。
By Sir Walter...Scott.Yes.Do you want to come and meet Mama?
是沃特斯科特写的。是的,进去见见我母亲吧?

职场美语

Thanks for stopping by.
谢谢你过来看我。
I’ll see you again.
我会再来看你的。

重点讲解:

Thanks for paying a visit to me.
Thanks for stopping by.

拜访某人我们常常会用pay a visit to sb.,而老外有个更为简洁和地道的表达,即Thanks for stopping by.

分享到