影视剧中的社交美语 第34期:聚精会神
日期:2014-10-17 14:55

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Friends,《老友记》


Listen,did you tell anyone about us?

听我说,你把我们的事跟别人说了吗?

I feel like it really isn't anybody's business.

没有,我觉得不关别人的事。

Exactly. So you didn't mention anything to lsaac?

没错,那你没有告诉艾塞克罗?

I tell lsaac everything.

我什么事都告诉艾塞克。

You do? Of course you do.

真的?那当然啦。



Hi,lsaac. You know,we haven't actually met.

嗨,艾塞克 我们还没有正式见过面。

You dog!

你这只发情的小狗。

Yes,I suppose I am a dog. But see, I happen to have a girlfriend.

对,我想我是一只小狗,不过我有个女朋友。

Right. Rachel from the coffee place.

对,咖啡厅的瑞秋。

That's the one. Listen,I don't want to hurt her.

就是她,我不想伤害她。

I know. It doesn't matter how much we love them.

我知道,不管我们有多爱她们。

Monogamy is too cruel a rule.

一夫一妻制是违反人性的。

Listen,can you keep this information to yourself?

听我说,可以替我保守秘密吗?

No problem. We gotta look out for each other.

没问题,我们要互相关照才行。

We're the same,you and me.

你跟我是一样的。

Actually,no,we're not.

其实我们是不一样的。

职场美语

Hey, boys, read my lips. NO-MORE-NEW-TOYS-TILL-YOU-CLEAN-YOUR-ROOM.

孩子们,给我仔细听好了,如果不把你们的房间打扫干净,以后就再也不给你们买新玩具了。

NOOOOOOO!

不!

No. You heard me, all right? Read my lips. Just go, all right? You have no right to be here.

不,你听到我说什么了,好鸣?给我仔细听好了!出去!你没有权利还在这儿。

Are you crazy? I,m your best friend!

你疯了吗?我是你最好的朋友!

重点讲解:

Listen to me.

Read my lips.

当你要跟他人宣布一件很重要的事情时,可以先说一声Listen.或是Look.来引起大伙的注意,但是如果你接下来要说的内容非常重要,这两个词的火力稍显不足,这时就是Read my lips.派上用场的时候了。Read my lips.字面上是指“读我的唇”,也就是“仔细听好了”的意思。

分享到