影视剧中的社交美语 第15期:保持联系
日期:2014-09-17 17:09

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Bridget Jones's Diary, 单身日记


Bridget. Evening,Kenneth.

我是布里奇特。晚安,肯尼士。

Evening. If you've got a moment,I'd like a word before you leave.

晚安!如果你有时间的话,在你离开前,我想和你谈谈。

Yes,certainly. I'll see you in a second.

没问题。等会儿见。

Excellent And,Brenda?

很好。还有,布兰达?

Yes?

什么事?

At the Kafka's Motorbike thing,thought it might be fun... If you me before I introduce him. Add a lovely sense of occasion.

在《卡夫卡摩托车》新书促销会上,如果你先介绍我,再由我介绍他好。这样会给现场增加点活跃的气氛。

Certainly, sir.

没问题,先生。

Brenda, What are you doing tonight?

布兰达,你今晚有安排吗?

Actually, I,m busy.

事实上,我会很忙。

Right. Well, that's a shame. I just…I thought it might be a charitable U to take your skirt out for dinner…And try and fatten it up a bit.

好,嗯,真可惜,我只是…我本想发发慈悲带你的裙子去吃饭点。把它喂胖一点。

Maybe you could come too. What about tomorrow?

或许你也可以一起来。明天可以吗?

No. Tomorrow's the launch.

不行,明天有发布会。

Yes, of course.

是的,当然。

职场美语

Bye! Be sure to drop us a line.

再见!别忘记来个信儿。

I will. Bye.

我会的。再见。

It was really great seeing you.

见到你真的很髙兴。

Same here. Be sure to drop us a line.

我也是。别忘记来个信儿。

重点讲解:

Don't forget to write a letter to me.

Be sure to drop us a line.

和友人道别时,通常会说保持联系、记得写信之类的话,学校教的一般都是Don't forget to write a letter to me.而老外则会说Be sure to drop us a line.这种说 法更简洁,也更地道。drop sb. a line是一个习语,意思是“写信给某人” 。

分享到