影视剧中的社交美语 第113期:控制全场
日期:2015-03-02 16:18

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Blonde Amibiton,《她的野心》


You know, I see myself in you.

你知道,我从你身上看到了我自己。

Yes.

是的。

I think you deserve a chance.Yes.

我认为你应该得到一个机会。对。

Oh,wait a minute,wait a minute,I think I have a brilliant idea.

哦,等等,等等,我有个好主意。

Brilliant,I smell it.

太好了,我感觉到了。

How about a position in Connelly and Connelly? Brilliant!

在康纳利和康纳利上班怎么样?太棒了!

A job? I have to be back home soon.

工作?我不久就要回家了。

Don't be ridiculous. I recognize the desire in you.

别傻了,我感觉到你有这个渴望,

A desire for independence, a desire to be on your own.

想要独立的渴望,想要靠自己的渴望。

To take charge of your lifeto take control of your life. I want to cultivate the desire in you. Yes.

你想主导你的生活,掌控你的人生我要把你培养成有强烈渴望的人。对。

What do you say?Chelsea?

你认为怎么样,切尔西?

I think it sounds like a great idea.

我觉得那是个好主意。

All right. Then it's a deal.

好。那么说定了!

职场美语

How is your party?

你们的派对怎么样?

You know Lucy? She calls the shots.

你知道露西吧?这次聚会由她掌管。

重点讲解:

She is in charge of the party.

She calls the shots in the party.

call the shots这个习语起源于二战,成千上万的新兵在打靶场接受射击训练时,会另有一名士兵负责用望远镜观察,然后告知新兵他所击中的部位,从而改进射击技能。现已演变为“掌管大局,发号施令”的意思。

分享到
重点单词
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • brilliantadj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的 n. 宝石
  • cultivatevt. 培养,耕作,栽培,结交(朋友), 促进增长,教养
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • independencen. 独立,自主,自立
  • recognizevt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支