影视剧中的社交美语 第24期:控制情绪
日期:2014-09-29 16:06

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Lost,《迷失》


Dude. Hey? dude, stop moping.Come on.

老兄,嘿,老兄,别闷闷不乐啦。振作起来。

I'm not moping. I'm thinking.

我没有闷闷不乐。我在思考。

Oh. When people stare out at the ocean and get all quiet like,they're moping.

哦。当人们远眺大海并保持安静时,那就是闷闷不乐。

So get up and come with me. That car I found—we,re getting it running.

起来,跟我走。那辆车…我们正努力让它跑起来。

What's the point? Ow! What did you do that for?

有什么意义?哎哟!你那么做是为了什么?

Snap out of it! Stop feeling sorry for yourself 'cause someone said you're go to die.

振作起来。不要因为有人说你要死了就为自己感到遗憾。

I've got an idea that's going to help us both.

我有个主意能帮我们俩。

Now, it is dangerous.And there's a very good chance that you will die.

现在,这很危险,你很有可能会死。

That's supposed to convince me to come with you?

这算是说服我跟你走吗?


It is,bcause if you don't die,then we win.

是的,因为如果你没死,我们就赢了。

Win?

赢?

Look,I don t know about you,but things have really sucked for me lately and,I could use a victory.

听着,我不知道你怎么样。但最近事事因我变得糟糕,我真的需要胜利。

So let's get one, dude. Let's get this car started.

伙计,让我们来赢一次。让汽车开动,

Let s look death in the face and say, “Whatever,man?” Let's make our own luck. What do you say?

让我们直面死神说:“随便你 让我们创造自己的运气。你说呢?

职场美语

Pull yourself together.

振作一点!

But I just made a big mistake.

可是我刚犯了个大错误。

I hate my life.

我讨厌我的生活。

Pull yourself together. I'm sure everything will turn out fine.

振作起来,我相信一切都会变好的。

重点讲解:

Control your emotion.

Pull yourself together!

他人情绪太激动,想让其控制一下情绪,你脱口而出的会不会就是Control your emotion?老外其实更常用Pull yourself together!字面意思是“整理一下自己”,实际上是让对方整理一下自己的情绪,不要太激动或者太悲伤,要振作起来。

分享到
重点单词
  • convincevt. 使确信,使信服,说服
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • starev. 凝视,盯着看 n. 凝视 v. 显眼,(毛发