影视剧中的社交美语 第26期:试试吧
日期:2014-10-08 17:28

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Good Will Hunting,《心灵捕手》


We had a really good time.

我们相处得很愉快。

I had a really good time too.

的确如此。

I mean I just…I…I'm sorry you know. I blew it.

我是说...对不起,我搞砸了。

No, I mean you know it's all right.

不,你知道这没关系的。



Yeah,um,so I was wondering if, uh, if you know you'd give me another crack at it.

是啊,呃,所以我想知道你会不会让我再试一次,

You know let me take you out again.

我想再约你出去一次。

I can't.

不行。

All right.

好吧。

Oh, no, I didn't…I didn't mean I can't like ever.

哦,不,我不是说永远不行,

I just can't right now.

只是现在不行,

I've got to assign the proton spectrum for “ebogamine”.

我得做质子光谱分配。

All that sounds really,really interesting.

这听起来乎非常非常有趣,

It's actually fantastically boring.

其实很无聊。

All right, um...

好吧,嗯...

Maybe some other time.

或许改天吧。

Like tomorrow?

那明天呢?

Um, yeah, all right.

嘱,妤啊。

Okay.

好的。

职场美语

What do you say we start now?

你说我们现在就幵始怎么样?

Good idea! I can't wait! Let's give it a shot!

好主意!我等不及了,我们试一试吧!

Jack, let's play Ping-Pong tonight.

杰克,我们今晚去打乒乓球吧。

You should give it a shot and it'll be fun!

你成该试一试?会很好玩的。

OK, I will go with you tonight.

好吧,我今晚跟你们一起去。

重点讲解:

Just have a try!

Give it a shot!

我们通常用Just have a try!来鼓励他人去尝试,但其实也可以用Give it a shot! 或音Give it a shot! Shot本意是“射击,炮弹”,give it a shot字面意思是“来一枪, 来一炮”的意思,实际上老外常用其表示 “试一试”。另外,Take it a shot!也是试一试的意思,而give it one's best shot是指“尽力而为”。

分享到
重点单词
  • crackv. 崩溃,失去控制,压碎,使裂开,破解,开玩笑 n.
  • boringadj. 令人厌烦的
  • spectrumn. 光谱,范围,系列