影视剧中的社交美语 第82期:忙碌的生活
日期:2015-01-04 16:32

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Gossip Girl,《绯闻女孩》


Wait, no. What do you mean the herringbone won't arrive until tomorrow?

等等,为什么人字呢料子明天才能到?

The meeting with the buyers from Bloomingdale's is today.

跟布卢明戴尔采购商的见面会是在今天。

No, I don't care about Italian customs.

不,我才不管什么意大利客户。

If the electricity goes out, I think we found a new energy source.

要是停电了,靠她的能量都能让我们生存。

She's making me dizzy.

她弄的我晕头转向。



Fine, then you can be the one to tell Eleanor that yourself.

好吧,那你自己去跟埃莉诺说吧。

Stupid! Stupid Italians.

太蠢了,愚蠢的意大利人。

Oh, oh, I know, with their pizza and pasta and... Michelangelo.

哦,我知道,他们的匹萨,意大利面…还有那个米开朗基罗,都蠢死了。

But apparently not their herringbone.

但显然他们的人字呢不错。

Dad, you don't understand.

爸爸,你不懂。

Eleanor put me in charge, and it's a really big deal.

埃莉诺让我主管这些,这问题很严重。

Honey, breathe.

亲爱的,喘口气吧。

No, No time for oxygen.

不,没时间喘息。

I am late.

我要迟到了。

Oh, and I forgot my homework.

哦,我忘带作业了。

Seriously, she's making me feel like a slacker.

说实话,她让我觉得自己是个懒鬼。

Maybe I can help you fix that.

我倒是能帮你找点事做。

Tomorrow night's the Aaron Rose opening at the gallery.

明晚画廊要举办艾伦罗斯作品展。

Vanessa and I could really use your help setting things up.

你可以帮我和瓦内莎做些准备工作。

Aaron Rose is that artist you...you discovered up at R.I.S.D.,Right?

艾伦罗斯就是你在罗德岛设计学院发现的那个艺术家?

Yeah, the kid's amazing.

对,他太棒了。

Homework, headset, handbag, check, check, check.

作业,耳机,包包,检查下,检查下。

职场美语

You look tired, what's up?

你看起来很累,怎么了?

I just run 3 miles, I need to catch my breath.

我刚跑了3英里,我要休息一下。

重点讲解:

I want to have a rest.

I need to catch my breath.

说到“休息”我们的第一反应自然是rest。但是也不能总是用这一个词,当你忙得需要喘口气时候怎样说呢?下面这个就是:I need to catch my breath.catch my breath的字面意思是“赶上我的呼吸”,引申为“喘口气”,即“休息”。

分享到