影视剧中的社交美语 第21期:愿意效劳
日期:2014-09-25 17:32

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Barry Lyndon,《乱世儿女》


Look, here, Redmond, my boy; this is silly business.

听我说,瑞德蒙,孩子,这太愚蠢了。

The girl will Quin, mark my words; and as sure as she does, you'll forget her. Yo' but a boy.

记住我的话,那女孩会嫁给奎恩。跟他结了婚,你就会忘记她。你只是个孩子,

Quin is willing to consider you as such. Right, Quin?

奎恩也是这么想的,对吧,

Oh, mm-hm.

喂,没错。

Now, Dublin's a fine place, and if you have a mind to ride there and town for a month, here's ten guineas at your service.

都柏林是个好地方,如果你愿意到那里待一个月,这里有十基尼够你花的了。

Will that satisfy you,Captain Quin?

能接受吗,奎恩上尉?

Yes, if Mr. Barry will apologize and go to Dublin...I will consider the whole affair honorably settled.

当然,如果巴利先生愿意道歉,并且到都柏林去…我会认为问题都妥善解决了。

Say you're sorry, Redmond. You can easily say that.

快道歉吧,瑞德蒙。跟他道歉,很简单的。

I'm not sorry. And I'll not apologize. And I'd as soon go to Dublin as to hell.

我没觉得我错了,我不要道歉,我不要去都柏林。

Then there's nothing else for it. God bless you.

那么我们别无他法了,上帝祝福你。

This isn't my pistol.

这不是我的枪。

It's all right,it's one of mine.

没关系,这是我的枪。

Yours will serve, if it's needed, for the next round. Good luck, Redmond.

如果进行下一个轮决斗,我们再用你的枪。祝你妤运。

职场美语

Would you help me send my luggage to my room?

你能帮我把行李送到我房间去吗?

At your service, Miss.

乐意为您效劳,小姐。

With this giant phone bill I am sort of broke.

这个月话费燦涨,我差不-要破产了。

Well, if you ever have any money problem, I'm at your service.

嗯,如果你囊中羞涩,我很愿意帮你一把。

重点讲解:

I am willing to help.

At your service.

上面刚说到怎样将感激之情表达得淋漓尽致,但是作为被感谢的人,出于礼貌应对他人的感激也要答得有模有样。At your service. 听起来好似来自19世纪英国管家的谦卑说法,但在礼数从简的现在则更显得彬彬有礼。类似的说法还有At your disposal.

分享到
重点单词
  • apologizevi. 道歉,谢罪
  • settledadj. 固定的;稳定的 v. 解决;定居(settle
  • luggagen. 行李
  • pistoln. 手枪 vt. 用手枪射击
  • disposaln. 处理,处置,布置,配置 n. 垃圾粉碎机
  • willingadj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的