影视剧中的社交美语 第81期:开始行动
日期:2014-12-31 16:20

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

The Good Wife,《傲骨贤妻》


So let's start with this check. 2,460 paid out by FRP Incorporated for 3days'work.

我们从这张支票开始吧。FRP集团支付的2460美元,三天的工作酬劳。

What was the nature of that work and who paid for it?

这三天工作的性质是什么?谁付的钱?

Look…1 don't…I don't mean to be guarded here.

听着,我不…我不想对你心存戒备。

But you are being guarded here.

但你确实心存戒备。



Yes, but the difficulty is,is that I did this work for someone you know and…I think it would be unfair to them to divulge it.

是啊,但我的难处在于这件事情是我为你认识的人做的。而且我认为把这些信息透露給你,对那人来说不公平。

It's not who you think.

不是你以为的那个人。

And who do I think?

我以为的哪个人?

One second Hi.Diane, do you have a minute? I did the work for Diane.

稍等一下。你好,戴安,你有时间吗?我是为戴安做的事情。

Well…why wasn't it paid through Lockhart/Gardner?

那她为什么不从洛克哈特或加德纳的账户付钱给你?

Well, it's not a work matter. Um,I'd rather stick to generalities here.

哦,不是工作上的事情。呢,我不想谈论具体的细节。

Uh, so how would you define this work?

好的,呃,你怎么定义这项工作的性质呢?

Firearm lessons.

枪械培训。

职场美语

What should we do on this program?

我们应该如何处理这个项目?

Get the ball rolling! We must settle the problem one by one,

开始吧,我们必须逐一解决问题。

重点讲解:

Let's begin.

Get the ball rolling!

乍一看get the ball rolling不就是“让球滚动起来”的意思吗?是的,这是一个源于足球运动的习语。在足球场上,一般由一位球员开球,将球传给队友, 这也就意味着一场比赛开始了。后来,这个短语运用到日常生活中,表示让某个活动或者事情“开始吧”。

分享到