影视剧中的社交美语 第28期:体贴周到
日期:2014-10-10 17:58

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》


You scheduled a nap for me?

你帮我安排了打盹儿的时间?

I need you at your best.

我要帮你保持最佳状态。

Oh,I love you

噢,我爱你。

I know

我知道。



You smell good.

你真香啊。

Oh, it's Viktor & Rolf, gift from Renee.

哦,是Renee送我的Viktor Rolf香水。

You know, she's always doing little things for me.

她总是会为我想点小心思。

Yeah. Actually, I've been meaning to talk to you about that.

是啊,其实我一直想和你讨论一下这个问题。

Renee keeps calling me to schedule fun things for you two to do together.

Renee总是打电话给我来安排你们俩之间的"小乐趣"。

See? That's what I mean. She's thoughtful.

看吧? 这就是我所说的,她可真有心。

Yes, but have you taken a look at how packed your schedule is this week?

是啊,但是你有看过这周的时间表,已经排得有多满了吗?

Did you make that?

这是你做的么?

I have a system.

我自有一套。

Thing is, she gets mad every time I tell her that you obviously don't have time for acooking class or dinner at Lupa.

问题是每次我告诉她,你没有时间去上烹饪课或者去Lupa进晚餐时,她总是很生气。

I know it's a busy week, Betty, but I really like this girl.

我知道这个星期很忙但是我真的很喜欢这个女孩。

Can you try and work things out?

你帮帮忙想想办法么?

Okay. Yeah. Sure.

好吧,是的,当然。

Thank you.

谢谢。

职场美语

Here's your room. I have gotten rid of the flowers,cause I know you allergic, and here's a movie in case you are bored.

这是你的房间。我把花搬走了,因为我知道你对花粉过敏。这儿还有部电影,免得你无聊。

It's very thoughtful of you.

你想得真是太周到了。

It's very thoughtful of you to buy me flowers on my birthday.

你真用心,我过生日还送我鲜花。

C'mon.It's only common decency.

得了,这不是应该的嘛。

重点讲解:

You are so considerate.

It's very thoughtful of you.

considerate主要是用来形客他人的考虑很周全,而thoughtful是形容一个人体贴、办事情十分周到。这里说的“细心”更多地强调某人善于观察,充分体察他人的需求和意愿。所以在形容人考虑得很周到时,老外多会用thoughtful这个词。

分享到
重点单词
  • thoughtfuladj. 深思的,体贴的
  • decencyn. 得体,礼貌,体面 (复数)decencies:礼仪
  • allergicadj. 过敏的,反感的