影视剧中的社交美语 第79期:忙碌的小蜜蜂
日期:2014-12-29 16:46

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》

I'm really very busy.

我真的很忙。

Is there any way that we can put this off until I have more time to prepare?

我们能否推迟一下?我好有点时间来准备。

Of course. But, uh, you, understand my trepidation.

当然了,可你知道我有些啥顾虑。

What's that about?,

他又在干嘛?

Not a clue.

毫无头绪。

Can't we just postpone, it till the spring?

就不能推迟到开春吗?

Maybe next summer?

或者明年夏天?



This should be fairly easy to deduce.

这个应该很好推断的。

He's holding the phone to his left ear.

他把电话搁在左耳旁边。

Ears do not cross hemispheres,

左耳还是左脑控制的。

so he's using the analytical rather than the emotional side of the brain, suggesting that he has no personal, relationship with the caller.

所以他是在理性分析而不是感情用事,表明他和来电者没有私人关系。

No, I didn't realize, it had been so long.

不,我没想到已经这么久了。

Sure, I guess there's no other, choice but to just go ahead and do it.

好吧,那就只好这么办了。

He's referring to an activity he has done before.

他谈到了一件以前做过的事。

It's unpleasant and, needs to be repeated.

那件事不怎么令人愉快,但又不得不再来一遍。

This suggests some sort of invasive, medical test, like perhaps a colonoscopy.

表明这件事应该是某种侵入性,医疗检查,比如说,结肠镜检查。

Aren't there any other options?

就没有其他选择了么?

There's not a lot of room., It's gonna be uncomfortable.

没多大地方,肯定很不舒服的。

Yes, yes.

没错,没错。

I'm definitely going with colonoscopy.

我敢肯定是结肠镜检查。

Okay, bye.

好吧,再见。

My mother's coming to visit.

我妈要来看我。

How about that, you were right.

怎么样?你还真猜对了。

职场美语

What are you up to?

你在做什么啊?

I'm in the middle of something。

我在忙着呢。

重点讲解:

I'm so busy.

I'm in the middle of something.

还用I'm so busy.来说自己很忙吗?换一种说法吧,I'm in the middle of something。

分享到