影视剧中的社交美语 第7期:回复问候
日期:2014-09-02 16:42

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Inception,《盗梦空间》


Cobb:Yes. Hello?

柯布:喂,你好?

Philippa:Hi, daddy.

菲利帕:嗨,爹地。

James:Hi,dad.

詹姆斯:嗨,爹地。

Cobb:Hey, guys,hey. How are you? How are you doing,huh?

柯布:嘿,小家伙们,嘿,你们好吗?你们怎么样啊,嗯?

Philippa:Good.

菲利帕:很好。

James:Okay, I guess,

詹姆斯:还行,我觉得。



Cobb:Okay? Who's just okay? Is that you, James?

柯布:还行?是谁说还行的?是你吗,詹姆斯?

James:Yeah. When are you coming home,dad?

詹姆斯:是的。你什么时候回家啊,爹地?

Cobb:Well, I can't,sweetheart, I can't. Not for a while,remember?

柯布:哦,我不能回家,宝贝儿,暂时还回不了,还记得吗?

James:Why?

詹姆斯:为什么?

Cobb:Okay. I told you I'm... I'm away because I'm working. Right?

柯布:好吧,我告诉过你,我…我不在家,我要工作,不是吗?

Philippa:Grandma says you're never coming back.

菲利帕:外婆说你再也不会回来了。

Cobb:Philippa, is that you? Put grandma on the phone for me,will you?

柯布:菲利帕,那是你吗?让外婆来接电话,行吗?

Philippa:She's shaking her head.

菲利帕:她在摇头。

Cobb:Let's just hope she's wrong about that.

柯布:希望她说的是错的。

职场美语

Hi, Helen. How have you been these days?

嗨,海伦。最近还好吗?

Oh, so far so good.

哦,到目前为止还不错。

I'm hearing that you moved to a new place last week. How's it going with your new life?

听说你上周搬到一个新地方了。你的新生活怎么样啊?

So far so good. Anyway, that's really a nice place.

目前还不错。不管怎样,那是个很好的地方。

重点讲解:

I've been very well.

So far so good.

他人询问近况时,表示“还不错。”我们一般会用good或者well来表达,即I've been very well.但老外有更地道、更简洁的表达方式:So far so good.采用 so."so… 的句式很对称,而且说起来朗朗上口。

分享到