影视剧中的社交美语 第77期:拒绝邀请
日期:2014-12-25 16:43

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Yes Man,《好好先生》


You did get my text, right?

你收到我的短信没有?

What? Text? What?

什么?短信?什么短信?

We're all going out tonight

我们今天晚上出去喝酒。

Man, that sounds great.I wish I could join you.

伙计,这主意听起来棒极了。我要能去就好了。

I'm just so jammed up.

不过我现在有点忙。



I'm totally off the grid, you know?

我一个人要搞定一堆事情你明白我的意思吧?

No, I don't at all.

不明白,我不明白。

I got a bunch of stuff going on.There's this thing I gotta do.

我手上一堆事情。今天有件事我得做掉。

Any other night would've been great.Darn it to heck.

如果能换一天晚上就更好了。真他妈的可惜。

Thing? What thing?

事?什么事?

Carl: Thing, you know, just a thing.

就是事,你明白的,一件事。

If I had my thing in front of me, I could tell you what it is...

如果这事情就在我手边的话,我大概就能告诉你是什么了…

But I know there's a thing.A thing.

反正我很确定我现在有事要做。什么事。

I don 't think there's anything written down in your fake calendar.

我觉得你那所谓的日历上肯定什么事情都没写。

No, it says specific things.

当然有,上面写了某一件事情。

Specific things.Like get in line at the video store?

某一件事情?比如说'在录像店里排队?

What? What are you talking about?

啊?你说什么?

I'm not at the video store.I'm in my apartment.

我没在录像店里,我在家里。

I can see you, Carl.I'm outside the video store.

我看见你了,卡尔。我就在录像店外面。

职场美语

Would you like to see a movie tonight?

今晚你想看电影吗?

I'm afraid I will take a rain check, because I have an interview tomorrow.

恐怕我这次不能去了。因为我明天有面试。

重点讲解:

I'm afraid I can't make it this time.

I will take a rain check.

rain check源于棒球赛,有时球赛会因为大雨而取消,球迷可以领取rain check,日后补看比赛。

分享到