影视剧中的社交美语 第30期:评价他人
日期:2014-10-13 17:22

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Meet The Parents,《拜见岳父大人》


It's a great gift,I just thought you were gonna get them champagne.

礼物真棒。我还以为你会给他们带香槟。

Trust me,I think your dad is gonna be very psyched about this gift.

相信我。我想你爸会很喜欢这个礼物。

Well,don't forget he's retired,though.

别忘了,他退休了。

The guy was in the rareflower business for 30 years,I think he still maintains an interest.

他做了30年的花卉生意,我想他还保持这个爱好。

You make it sound like they're really hard to please.

你说得好像他们很难被取悦。



No,not at all!

不,一点也不!

He's the sweetest man in the whole world,just relax!

他是世界上最好的男人,尽管放心!

He's gonna love you,I promise.

他会喜欢你的,我保证。

As much as he loves Dr,Bob?

就像他喜欢Bob医生一样?

Take it easy on the sarcasm.Humor is entirely wasted on my parents.

被挖苦时别放在心上,幽默对我父母完全没用。

What,are they Amish?

什么,他们是阿门忠派吗?

Okay,no jokes.

好吧,不开玩笑了。

What are you doing?

你在干吗?

What?

什么?

I told you my dad sees smoking as a sign of weakness.

我告诉过你,我爸认为吸烟是软弱的举动。

Okay,all right.I'll leave 'em in the car.

好吧,我会把烟留在车上。

No,no,no,no,he'll check there.Oh,gosh.

别,别,他会检查这里。噢,糟糕。

职场美语

I am interviewing people for promotion to the store manager.

我在面试员工升职为门店经理。

What do you think of Bill?

你觉得比尔怎么样?

I don't know. He is shaky. He works slow and is not always punctual.

我觉得他不太靠谱。他做事慢吞吞的,而且不太守时。

Don't trust him. He's shaky.

不要相信他,他太不可靠了。

Why? You know him well?

为什么呀?你很了解他吗?

重点讲解:

He is not reliable.

He is shaky.

形容人不可靠时最直接的表达方法是He is not reliable.但与shaky相比之下,缺少了一点语言的形象生动和多变的魅力:shaky是指“摇晃的,不可靠的,不坚定的”,可以用来形容人不可靠。另外,shaky也可以用来形容数据不大可信,如:The numbers are shaky.这些数字不可信。

分享到
重点单词
  • promotionn. 晋升,促进,提升
  • sarcasmn. 挖苦,讽刺
  • reliableadj. 可靠的,可信的
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • weaknessn. 软弱