影视剧中的社交美语 第72期:邀请喝酒
日期:2014-12-17 17:14

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》


They don't know that someone else was us.

他们不知道其他人就是我们。

It's just a matter of time.

这只是时间的问题。

I mean, make a list of people with a motive to kill Victor.

我的意思是,列个名单,看谁有动机杀害维克多。



Number one...you. Number two... you. Number three... maybe me,probably still you.

第一个就是你,第二个还是你,第三个…可能是我,也可能还是你。

Okay, if we just stay calm and stick to the story...

好的,只要我们镇静下来,咬定我们编的故事…

We tried that. It's not working. I'm going to the cops.

我们都试过了,没有用的。我要去自首,

Now you can either come with me or wait for them to come and get you.

你要么和我一起去,要么等他们来抓你。

Fine. I'll go.

好吧,我去。

Thank you.

谢谢。

Can we at least have a drink before we go? Calm our nerves?

我们去之前可以喝一杯吗?镇定一下。

I mean, you can't talk to the cops the way you've been babbling to me.

我是说,你不能像对我一样对警察语无伦次吧。

I guess one drink wouldn't hurt.

我想一杯酒不会碍事的。

You okay with tequila?

龙舌兰酒怎么样?

Only if it's the good stuff!

只要是好酒就行!

Oh, I think you'll find this has a real kick.

哦,我想你会觉得这酒很烈的。

职场美语

I can't sleep. I feel worried about him.

我睡不着,我好担心他。

Calm down. I think drink can help. How about a night cap?

冷静点。我觉得喝点酒会好点。睡前喝一杯怎么样?

重点讲解:

Do you want to drink before sleeping?

How about a night cap?

night cap本意是“睡帽”,但在口语中可以专指“睡前饮料、临睡前喝的酒”。睡前喝杯红酒有助于睡眠,要不要来一杯呢?这时就可以说:How about a night cap?或者Are you up for a night cap?

分享到