影视剧中的社交美语 第48期:嘘寒问暖
日期:2014-11-06 17:09

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Friends,《老友记》


Oh,hey-hey!

嘿!

Is everything okay?

万事ok?

Yeah, everything's fine!

是的。

Your page said come to the hospital, what? What was it? What happened?

你留言说来医院。 怎么了?



Something called Braxton-Hicks contractions.

那个叫什么希氏阵痛。

Oh. Oh. Thank God, that's no a big deal,

那不要紧。

most women don't even feel them.

多数女人感觉不到它的。

Okay, no uterus, no opinion.

没有子宫,别发表意见。

Hey uh, what's with the candy?

拿着糖果干吗?

Oh,when you beeped me I was on line at the concession stand at the movie theater.

我刚才在排队看电影。

Oh you went to the movies by yourself?

你一个人去看电影?

No,I—Mona!

莫娜!

Oh, I gotta go back in there.

我必须立刻回去。

What? Why? What's wrong?

什么,为什么?怎么啦?

No, everything's fine. I just gotta go back…

没事,一切都好,我只是要回去…

职场美语

Ughhh…I want to kick myself!

啊啊啊!我真想踹自己一脚!

Is everything okay?

你还好吗?

Can you keep an eye on the chicken in the oven? I have to run to my mom's right away.

你能看着点儿烤箱里正烤着的鸡吗?我得马上赶到我妈那儿去。

Why? Right now? Is everything okay?

为什么?现在吗?没出什么事儿吧?

重点讲解:

Are you alright?

Is everything okay?

表达认真的关切时,如果说How is everything?很容易被人误解成轻描淡写的打招呼,而Wliat's wrong?或What's the matter?这样的特殊疑问句,又有点打探别人隐私的嫌疑。这时用Is everything okay?关切之心就里得恰到好处。

分享到
重点单词
  • concessionn. 让步,妥协,特许权,租界
  • candyn. 糖果 vt. 用糖煮,使结晶为砂糖 vi. 结晶为