影视剧中的社交美语 第9期:谈论年龄
日期:2014-09-04 17:27

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Bride Wars,《结婚大作战》


Oh, my God. They still print engagement announcements.

哦,我的天。他们还在刊登订婚启示啊。

I'm sort of like a celebrity back there, probably.

我在老家也算是名人。

You know, it's like, local girl makes good. Such sweet people. What?

你知道,就像是赚大钱的本地女孩,真是可爱的人。什么?

That's not you, is it? Emma looks gorgeous.

那不是你,是吗?艾玛看起来真漂亮。

But not on the inside, which is.. Kevin. It's the best she can do, huh?

但她的心灵并非如此,有点…凯文,她最好就只能做到这样了?

So lame. She wants to play dirty? I can play dirty.

真差劲,她想阴的?我也可以。

You can play dirty. I've seen you do it.

你会玩阴的,我见你玩过。

I went to law school, people.

我念的可是法学院。



I'm starting to think that 30 is the cutoff.

我开始觉得30岁是分水岭。

Because it's the last time men want to date women their age.

因为年龄再大一点的男人就不愿意和同龄的女人约会了。

A 30-year-old guy will date a 30-year-old girl.

30岁的男人会跟30岁的女人约会。

But a 35-year-old guy wants someone 30.

但是35岁的男人还是会找30岁的女人。

A 40-year-old guy wants someone 30,too, or 28.

40岁的男人也想找30岁或是28岁的女人。

It,s a terrible planet.

这真是个糟糕的世界。

I know. You know what I was wondering?

我知道。你知道我在想什么吗?

What are the real reasons behind Emma and Fletcher having to tie the knot?

艾玛和弗莱彻结婚背后真正的原因是什么?

Why can't they change their date? Think about it.

为什么他们不能改日子?想想吧。

She's pregnant! Emma's pregnant!

她怀孕了!艾玛怀孕了!

Oh, no. Oh, no!

哦,不。哦,不!

职场美语

Your friend looks really gorgeous.

你朋友看起来真靓。

I know. And you know what, he is my age.

是呢。你知道吗,他跟我一样大。

This is my cousin from downtown. He is my age.

这是我城里的表哥。他和我一样大。

Nice to meet you. I heard a lot about you.

很高兴见到你。我听说过很多你的事迹了。

重点讲解:

He is as old as me.

He is my age.

as…as…是最常用的同级比较,意思是“和…样…”,如,“我和你一样高”可以说成:I'm as tall as you are.但老外也会用更为地道的表达来表示同龄,那就是He is my age.

分享到
重点单词
  • knotn. 结,节 vi. 打结 vt. 把 ... 打成结,
  • celebrityn. 名人,名誉,社会名流
  • planetn. 行星
  • engagementn. 婚约,订婚,约会,约定,交战,雇用,(机器零件等)