BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第90期:食谱
日期:2016-06-18 15:58

(单词翻译:单击)

原文赏析

How are you doing? Good. I'm very well, yes, very... How are you two? Good. Great.
你好吗 你好 你们俩呢 我们也很好
And it's going great. Just have a look at this.
我们进展不错 看看这个
We've got this wonderful book from Sri Lanka.
来自斯里兰卡的食谱
That is wonderful. It's this lady's great grandmother's.
太棒了 是这位女士的曾祖母的
There's some delicious things, all with some spices and, really subtle spicing that we...you know, you tend to think of...of Sri Lankan food as being really spicy.
里面有很多美味佳肴 所有的都加了点香料 人们都认为斯里兰卡的食物很辣
But actually they're all really subtle, with cloves and cinnamon and fantastic things.
但实际上那里的菜肴很微妙 用了肉桂和丁香等
Do you still cook from this book?
你们还按照这本书烹饪吗
Yes. Do you, really? Yes. That's why it's in such a state. As you can see, it's well thumbed.
是的 真的吗 是 所以这本书都翻烂了
And we've got a lovely boiled fruit cake.
我们还有美味的煮水果蛋糕
Helen, you've just become our favourite person. Thank you.
谢谢你 海伦 你变成了我们最喜欢的人
Thank you. So this is a boiled fruit cake.
这就是煮水果蛋糕
Gerard, when did we first start eating fruit cakes in this country?
杰拉德 英国从什么时候开始吃水果蛋糕的
We started...really started in the Middle Ages when people started flavouring and using fruit to sweeten recipes.
中世纪 当人们开始用水果增加食物中的风味和甜味时
When...before we really had any kind of sugar. We had honey,honestly.
那时人们没有糖 有蜂蜜
But fruits have always been a way of sweetening.
但水果效果好
We've all got a sweet tooth in this country, haven't we? Yeah.
我们喜欢吃甜的
So medieval recipes have a lot of dried fruit, and candied fruit.
中世纪的食谱有很多干果 糖煮水果
Things like candied ginger......appear in lots of Medieval recipes.
比如糖姜 都出现在中世纪食谱中
Even...more...As much with meat and fish as in cakes.
相比起蛋糕食谱 更多出现在肉和鱼类食谱中
Can we have your recipe? You can.
我们能看看你的食谱吗 当然
Can we stick it on the wall? It's on the wall already.
能贴在墙上吗 当然 已经贴好了
The sisters are doing it for themselves. Go on, girl!
女士们自立自强 太棒了
Well, I'm going to cut this up and share it around. No. You don't have to do that! No, man. Kingy. No, man.
我切一些给大家分享 不 不需要这么做
So if you want to cook Helen's boiled fruit cake, all the details are on the website.
如果你们想烹制海伦的水果蛋糕 所有细节我们都会放到网站上
Along with all the recipes we've pinned up on our recipe board.
和其他我们张贴在食谱板上的食谱一样

视频简介
视频简介:
BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》汇集了奶奶,妈妈和女儿等几位爱做饭的人,以确保这些珍贵的历史文献为未来我们共同的民族美食被保存。每周的菜谱公平都有不同的主题,如《星期天的晚餐,展示晚餐,野餐,生日聚会,家庭最爱和简单的晚餐,和所有的配方适合这一主题。每个的核心是妈妈知道最好的宴会,满足了三位VIP妈妈展示一个伟大的家庭食谱需要与国家共享。


重点讲解

讲解:
subtle + 名词
不易察觉的;不明显的;微妙的:
There are subtle differences between the ten versions.
两个版本之间有一些细微的差异。

tend to do
往往会;常常就:
When I'm tired, I tend to make mistakes.
我累了就容易出错。

well thumbed
(书)被翻旧了的,翻阅过很多遍的
His books are all well thumbed.
他所有的书都看了好多遍。

pin sth onto
(用大头钉等)固定,别上,钉住:
She pinned the badge onto her jacket.
她把徽章别到外衣上。

stick to
粘贴;粘住:
Her wet clothes were sticking to her body.
湿衣服贴在她身上。

along with sb / sth
除…以外(还);与…同样地:
She lost her job when the factory closed, along with hundreds of others.
工厂倒闭时,她和成百上千的其他人一样失去了工作。

have a sweet tooth
爱吃甜食
You have a sweet tooth,that's why you need to brush your teeth every often.
你爱吃甜的,所以需要多刷牙。

share around
分发分享
Let's cut the cake and share them around.
把蛋糕切好分发给大家。

分享到