BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第69期:分享心得
日期:2016-05-25 13:13

(单词翻译:单击)

原文赏析

Back in the mums' top, Connie,Yvonne and Ira are grafting away.
回到妈妈们所在的帐篷里 她们正在互相帮助
Not only cooking up their dishes for the birthday banquet, but sharing top tips with the rest of the guests.
她们不仅在做生日宴上的点心 并且和宾客们分享心得
Can you tell us what's in the sausage meat, please?
你能告诉我香肠肉里面是什么吗
In the sausage meat I've got onions, that are finely chopped, and some herbs.I mean, you can change that.
我放了切得很细的洋葱 还有一些香料 你可以自己更换
If you want a spicy sausage plait, then add some chilli, add some garlic.
如果你喜欢吃辣 可以加点辣椒粉和大蒜
It's entirely up to you what you want to do.
怎么做完全取决于你
Across the field in the other top, a crowd is gathering to taste the food that our friends from the Bradford Curry Project, have prepared.
在帐篷的另一边 一群人正聚集在一起品尝来自巴拉福德咖喱计划的人们准备的食物
Working every week to provide free meals to people in need, they are used to catering for hearty appetites.
每周都烹制免费食物给需要的人们 他们已经习惯了如何让人大饱口福
I'm cooking a tarka dal which is lentils and spices that are fried off with ghee and onions and garlic.
我在做酥油炸过的香料和扁豆 还有一些洋葱和大蒜
And as you know, if there's any curry up for grabs, me and the Myers have got to be first in line.
如果有咖喱餐食免费的 我和我的伙伴一定会是争夺的第一名
Bradford is blessed with some of the best food in Britain, isn't it?It certainly is.
巴拉福德有很多名菜吧 是的
But for your birthday now, we would very often go out and have a curry.
但是在生日的时候我们经常会出去吃一顿咖喱饭
You know, it is a treat. It's something you look forward to. Yes.
这是一种享受 令人期待
I'm just going to cook you a few onion bhajees. Oh, brilliant.
我炸些洋葱给你吃 好极了
Do you have regulars?
你会有常客吗
Oh, absolutely.Some people are in a rut. They haven't moved on in their life.
当然 有的人境遇不太好 并不能开启新生活
Some are drugs, alcoholics, some have other reasons. Whatever they have, we don't ask their reason.
一些人吸毒 酗酒 还有一些其他原因 不管怎么样 我们也不会过问
My job is to provide a meal.Give them some comfort for an hour, an hour and a half.
我的任务是给他们提供吃的 能有一到一个半小时的慰藉
Then they go back to the life where they came from.And we go back to ours.
之后他们回到他们自己生活中去 我们也一样
Mate, I've got such respect for what they do, cooking for the homeless.
我真的很佩服他们能为无家可归的人做饭
It really shows how good food brings people together.
这真的体现好食物能让人们团聚在一起
视频简介
视频简介
BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》汇集了奶奶,妈妈和女儿等几位爱做饭的人,以确保这些珍贵的历史文献为未来我们共同的民族美食被保存。每周的菜谱公平都有不同的主题,如《星期天的晚餐,展示晚餐,野餐,生日聚会,家庭最爱和简单的晚餐,和所有的配方适合这一主题。每个的核心是妈妈知道最好的宴会,满足了三位VIP妈妈展示一个伟大的家庭食谱需要与国家共享。

重点讲解

讲解:

graft sth (onto sth)
使(思想、制度等)成为(…的一部份);植根:

Old values are being grafted onto a new social class.
旧的价值观念正植根于新的社会阶层。

the rest (of sth)
其余的人;其他事物;其他:
Don't blame Alex. He's human, like the rest of us.
不要责怪亚历克斯。他和我们大家一样,也是人。

be up to sb
是…的职责(或责任);由…决定:

It's not up to you to tell me how to do my job.
还轮不到你来告诉我怎么做我的事。

chop sth (up) (into sth)/for sth
切碎;剁碎;砍;劈:

He was chopping logs for firewood.
他在把原木劈成木柴。

cater (for sb / sth)
(为社交活动)提供饮食,承办酒席 :

Most of our work now involves catering for weddings.
我们现在的工作多半是承办婚宴。

have a hearty appetite
胃口极好

He has a hearty appetite.
他的胃口很好。

up for grabs
提供的;可供争夺的:
There are £25 000 worth of prizes up for grabs in our competition!
在我们的比赛中有 25 000 英镑奖金供人争夺!

in a rut
刻板乏味的生活:
I gave up my job because I felt I was stuck in a rut.
我放弃了我的工作,因为我觉得那种生活呆板无聊。

分享到