BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第5期:葡萄牙版鱼薯条
日期:2016-02-25 13:16

(单词翻译:单击)

双语文本

we've been tempted to Birkenhead by Jeni and her Portuguese version of fish and chips.

我们来到贝肯黑德尝尝简妮和她的葡萄牙版鱼薯条

That's all very well, but she doesn't sound very Portuguese.

太好不过了,不过她的名字不像葡萄牙人

Hiya. Hello! Hello, how are you all?

嗨。嗨,你好吗。

Hello, I'm Si. Hi.

嗨,我是西蒙

Jeni and her husband Mindo are here with their kids,

简妮和她的丈夫名多和孩子们住在一起

BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》.jpg

'Colt, Sage and Jed.'

柯尔特,塞吉,基德

'Who's also brought his girlfriend along for some supper.'

基德也带来了他的女朋友

Jeni, you've got a really interesting family, haven't you? I have, yes.

简妮,你们一家真有趣。是的

I've been married to a Portuguese for 22 years, his name's Mindo.

我已经嫁给了名多22年了。他的真实姓名是…

I know!

了解!

I tell you what, I bet he had a huge duffel bag at school!

我敢保证他上学时书包一定很大

With his name on.

因为写着他的名字

He's not here at the moment,he's working, he's a bus driver, but he will be here later.

他现在没在这,他在工作,他开公交车,过会儿来。

Was it your mother-in-law who taught you how to cook? Yeah, she did.

你的婆婆教你做菜了吗?是的

All the Portuguese dishes that I know.

她教了所有我知道的葡萄牙菜

Is there anything you love that only your mum knows best how to make?

你有没有你喜欢吃的,你妈妈能做的做好的菜

Oh yeah, the snails! Dad makes them.Snails?

蜗牛。爸爸会做。蜗牛?

Snails. We actually go rooting for them in the back garden.

蜗牛。我们会在后花园里找蜗牛

Put them in a box,let them starve for three days to get rid of all the toxins.

放在盒子里饿着他们排出毒素

He eats them and I just watch.

他吃,我只看着

Lead on!

带路吧

'Snails! Crumbs.

蜗牛!天哪!

'Thankfully Jeni is not doing them today,

幸好简妮今天不做这个

'but I don't like the look of that much either.'

我连看到都不想

Eee, bacalao.I'm not sure, you know.

咸鳕鱼。我不确定。

I've had bad experiences with bacalao. Have you? Yeah.

我对咸鳕鱼有一次糟糕的经历。

This is sent over from Portugal.Proper stuff. Yeah.

从葡萄牙运来的。太棒了。

'Bacalao is cod that's been preserved in salt.'

盐腌过的鳕鱼

'But the process gives it a distinct salty, fishy flavour

这种腌制过程让他有一种特殊的咸鱼味

'which, even when it's been soaked overnight, is something of an acquired taste.'

即使泡了一夜,也仍然不一定让每个人喜欢

'It's one that I've never managed to acquire,

我从来都不喜欢这种味道

'but Jeni's promised us that she's converted many people with her fish and chips.'

但是简妮保证她已经用这道菜让很多人转变了想法

It's one of the ways they get kids to eat fish as well.

这样能让孩子们吃鱼

There's not many kids that would eat fish.

很少有孩子喜欢吃鱼

It's bacalao. Yeah, bacalao.

咸鳕鱼。是的。

'Undeterred by our scepticism,

我们的疑虑并没有影响简妮

'Jeni gets us chopping to start her Portuguese fish and chips supper.''Bacalao al bras,

她让我们开始切菜,开始准备她的葡式鱼薯条,咸鳕鱼

视频简介

视频简介

视频简介

BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》汇集了奶奶,妈妈和女儿等几位爱做饭的人,以确保这些珍贵的历史文献为未来我们共同的民族美食被保存。每周的菜谱公平都有不同的主题,如《星期天的晚餐,展示晚餐,野餐,生日聚会,家庭最爱和简单的晚餐,和所有的配方适合这一主题。每个的核心是妈妈知道最好的宴会,满足了三位VIP妈妈展示一个伟大的家庭食谱需要与国家共享。

重点讲解

重点讲解:

1.Tempt

~ sb (into sth / into doing sth)

引诱;诱惑:

I was tempted by the dessert menu.

甜食菜单馋得我垂涎欲滴。

Don't tempt thieves by leaving valuables clearly visible.

别把贵重物品放在显眼处招贼。

I was tempted to take the day off.

我动了心,想那一天休假。


2.root for

翻寻

pigs rooting for food

拱土觅食的猪

'It must be here somewhere,' she said, rooting through the suitcase.

"它一定就在这里的什么地方。"她一边说一边翻着衣箱。

Who's been rooting around in my desk?

谁乱翻我的书桌了?

3.distinct (from sth) clearly different or of a different kind

截然不同的;有区别的;不同种类的:

The results of the survey fell into ten distinct groups.

调查结果分为截然不同的两组。

Jamaican reggae music is quite distinct from North American jazz or blues.

牙买加的雷盖音乐完全不同于北美的爵士乐或布鲁斯音乐。

rural areas, as distinct from major cities

完全不同于大城市的农村地区


4.Soak

浸泡;浸湿;浸透;湿透:

I usually soak the beans overnight.

我通常把豆子泡一夜。

If you soak the tablecloth before you wash it, the stains should come out.

先把桌布浸一浸再洗,污迹就能去掉。

Leave the apricots to soak for 20 minutes.

把杏子浸泡 20 分钟。

I'm going to go and soak in the bath.

我要去泡个澡。


5. an acquired taste

a thing that you do not like much at first but gradually learn to like

养成的爱好:

Abstract art is an acquired taste.

要慢慢培养才会欣赏抽象艺术。


6.convert (sb) (from sb) (to sth) to change an opinion, a habit, etc.

改变(观点、习惯等):

I've converted to organic food.

我改吃有机食物了。

I didn't use to like opera but my husband has converted me.

我过去不喜欢歌剧,但我丈夫改变了我。

分享到
重点单词
  • sagen. 圣人,哲人 n. 鼠尾草,蒿属植物 adj. 贤明
  • overnightn. 前晚 adj. 通宵的,晚上的,前夜的 adv.
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • organicadj. 器官的,有机的,根本的,接近自然的 n. 有机
  • saltyadj. 咸的
  • starvevi. 挨饿,受饿,(将要)饿死 vt. 使挨饿,使饿死
  • visibleadj. 可见的,看得见的 n. 可见物
  • abstractn. 摘要,抽象的东西 adj. 抽象的,理论的 vt.
  • surveyv. 调查,检查,测量,勘定,纵览,环视 n. 调查,纵
  • operan. 歌剧 n. 挪威Opera软件公司的浏览器软件